So a few Sunday's ago, I was in a picture snapping mood. I have said it before and I'll say it again....I love one o'clock church! I used to hate it, I felt like you just sort of wasted your but now I love all the little things that we do in the morning and the relaxed feel Sunday morning has. We've even watched Music and the Spoken Word a few times, we listed to many many many primary songs, we have yummy breakfast, we can read our lessons, it's been really fantastic. The one drawback is that Claira is usually too tired for nursery and sleeps on us for most of church, but I kind of like that, too. This past Sunday we asked her a few times if she was ready to go in but she'd get this all tired look on her face and say, "Noooo....I too sweeeepyyyyy," and rub her eyes and she did fall asleep right on me. Neither Than nor I have a 'Sunday' calling right now so he took Gentry and I held Claira and all was right in the world. And the other drawback is that the kids can get dirty before we go to church and their hair gets a little messed up. Right before we left, Pacen asked if they could go outside and in the back of my mind I think, keep them in! They're going to get dirty, but then I felt like I had already said no to a lot of things so I said he could go outside, and not two minutes later Camry comes in hysterically crying, blood all over her mouth and knee, dirt all over her dress, and she keeps saying, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She had fallen off her bike and we don't ride bikes on Sunday and she knew we'd be mad. It was just one of those moments that you have to laugh at when you are getting four kids ready for church. It happens, what are you gonna do, you know? So we change her and get her all bandaged up and it was still a great Sunday.
On this Sunday, everyone had to get their sunglasses on. Check out Claira in these. She's pretty funny while she's 'entertaining' Gentry.
Isn't she just pretty? Even with monster hair.
We always have to have lunch before we go and I love it because we don't bring snacks to church anymore! Well, for now until Gentry needs some. And our Primary gives out ridiculous amounts of food to the kids so they don't even come home hungry at all.
Than is the best helper on Sunday! He always irons the kids clothes (but he will NOT pick them out! He hates that.) and helps get my bag ready and gets the house clean before we leave. That helps out so much and I love it. It's so nice to have him home on Sundays right now. I know that will not always be the case but I will take it while I can!
Our weekly game of Disney Apples to Apples. Even Gentry is trying to get in on the action!
I think Than had to go to a meeting this day after church. This seems to always be the case in our house....we have a relatively big house and we all end up hanging out in one room, usually all on one couch. In this instance, it's the bathroom. Why not shove 5 people in one little room? The more the merrier.
The cute Gentry pie!
And we have some good news and some bad news. Bad news is that Than is out of town all week and next week. :( Good news...actually two good news-es....I went shopping with Emily and got some new workout clothes and they are really, really comfortable and drumroll please.......Jana is coming to visit!!!! LIke in the next half hour!!! I'm so excited. We get to play for three days and I can't wait to just eat chips and salsa and play boggle all day. Life will be good.



















4 comments:
sunday looks like a fun day at your house! we just barely did our first full 3 hours all together as a family, it went surprisingly well..maybe we should have tried sooner.
p.s. how sweet is that post than wrote about you for mother's day? so sweet.
Hey call me. I have news ,...ra stuff
I love the pic of Than and the kids in the bathroom! He should be so proud. :)
Hope you're having fun with Jana!
Love, love love all your pictures!! Your kids are just gorgeous. Your husband is just the best.
Post a Comment