Dude, it's hot today. Like, so hot my upstairs is needing fans because we have no A/C. But it feels so good. And I love the feeling of summertime. More relaxed. No schedule. I CAN'T WAIT for that. Actually, we will have somewhat of a schedule because I just signed my life (and life savings) away to swimming. We are in the perfect place for Than because swimming is HUGE out here. There are multiple swim teams in our area, neighborhood even, and it's just huge out here and it's huge for Than so it's a win win. My only worry is that I'll be married to swimming and I don't want to be. I don't want to want to go on a little trip and think, Oh, we can't go because we have swimming. I know what that is like because that was my childhood with softball and gymnastics and I think, no, I know, I missed out on things. But, I am excited for our kids to really swim. They are good little swimmers and I think they'll really enjoy it. Claira is really upset because she doesn't get to swim, but I bet she'll be able to really swim by the end of the summer. That girl loves the water. I'm sure part or most of that came from all those lessons we gave her when she was really little.
So, on Sunday I was having an anti-bay area day. I don't know what it was, really. But this was just the week I needed because we were busy having fun, enjoying all the great weather and things that the WC has to offer. Monday was something. Oh yeah, Camry's soccer. Here are the pictures of her first day of her Kidz Love Soccer season. It's short...like 8 weeks and they just do it once a week. It's Monday mornings and I love it! I love that it's not in the evening and it gets us out and its right next to a nice park and so we play and love it.
She is one of two girls in the class and I must say she dominates the boys! She always scores a goal at the end in their little game and she is very proud of her soccer skills. And I am proud because she can put her shin guards, socks, and cleats on all by herself and I'm pretty sure Pacen just figured out how to do that....maybe.
Thank you, Claira, for the picture of the grass.
Oh, you know what....I remember now why I was anti-bay area. Because on Saturday I realized that I had completely forgotten, like not even a little bit remembered, a soccer placement thing that the kids had to do....in MAY....for their SEPTEMBER soccer league. Seriously?!!?!?! I have things in my head a week out...not months in advance. Maybe that is my problem. Anyway, I was bugged because I'm relatively on the ball but sports out here is just nuts. It's expensive and I feel like it's stressful. I get wanting to have the teams even, but a consult in May? That seemed a little over the top for me. I got everything all figured out and Pacen can still do it on Saturday but still. I was frustrated. But, this week was good for me to get back into the pro-bay area mode.
Monday we also did our hike with Peggy and I got to be outside in the beauty that is the open space and the kids did so much better on this hike. I want to get them used to hiking because it's just fun and it gets their bodies moving.
Tuesday I had preschool at my house. Then we had Pacen's baseball game. Then I had to go to a Relief Society planning meeting. It was a busy day, but fun.
Yesterday I got to volunteer in Pacen's classroom and I LOVE that. I really wish I could do it more, but that is not for me right now. And that is okay, too. He's just so cute in school. I could watch him all day being a little first, now almost second grader. I got to go to lunch with Than and the girls since Than worked from home. Who doesn't love a mid week lunch with him?!?! Penny got her hair cut, groomed as it were, and they found found a fox tail so I had to find a veterinarian quick so they could get it out. Now she has a little bandage on her foot and it's so cute. Vet bills, not so cute, but it was actually quite reasonable I thought. And she was needing her vaccinations anyway so I guess it was a good thing I went in.
After that, we went to the A's game with the Merrill's, Jackson's, and Erickson's. The A's won (woohoo!) and it was the best A's game weather we have ever had. We brought blankets and jackets and we didn't even need them. It was 2 dollar night and so Than orchestrated the whole night for everyone. I'm glad that we do things like that in the middle of the week. Probably not smart "on a school night" but the kids seem to be doing well today.
Today, I had preschool again, but since the theme is Baby Animals, we went to Tilden Park's Little Farm and had great little outing. I'll post my pictures soon. I had little clipboards for the kids and they were writing what they saw. It was cute.
Now it is time for Pacen's homework and reading and then it's off to baseball again! And I really wanted to make fajitas tonight for cinco de mayo but I think it'll have to wait. :(










6 comments:
i really like reading your blog. It always makes me happy to see the little blog update when it says The Hancocks. Cam looks super cute in her soccer stuff.
Go Camry!!! That's our girl!! And in honor of cinco de mayo I made shredded chicken wraps using, you guessed it, my slow-cooker. I LOVE that thing. Best. Present. Ever!
cam is adorable in her outfit and i love that she is good at soccer. those pictures are great. i could not keep up with your lifestyle....ever. i love that you guys get so involved in everything though...no matter where you live.
Wait she actually plays. Apparently at that age all I did was hold hands with the boys on my team. Shocking I know but it drove my father nuts.
If you could get Camry to teach Celeste how to put on her soccer socks and shoes, that would be awesome. We are always tight getting to soccer on time, and I have a million other things to do to get us out the door, if only she could do that by herself!!!
That is funny because this week I was having an I miss Erica week!
Post a Comment