Sitting babies that cannot move and just play with toys could just be my favorite baby stage. I LOVE it and they're so happy and easily entertained, but the problem is that Gentry just thinks that she can speed through this stage and she can't! She is already starting to crawl and I kind of sit her back up every time I see her getting close to actually moving in hopes to delay the crawling. Bad mom...maybe. My kids know the sentence..."Gentry, you are not allowed to crawl! You are too little!" We all say it to her. Maybe it's going to sink in. :)
She first officially sat while we were in Seattle.
And this was two days ago. She loves those instruments. She will be my musician.
Okay, I lied. This might be my favorite baby stage. This is baby George. I have lots of pictures to show of him but I haven't had time. I love newborns. I wish really wish they could stay that size a little while longer.
The past two days have been good. Sunday is usually good, and it was. I prepared a lesson to teach Camry's primary class, and it turned out they didn't need me after all. It made me think I should prepare more lessons without giving them, even a primary lesson, because it makes you really think about a subject, but lets be honest, I know I won't do that. But it was a good thought. And I was really looking forward to teaching a lesson because i haven't gotten to do that for a really long time.
Today, Camry had soccer, I went to costco, we went hiking in the open space with Bill and Peggy, we saw a RATTLESNAKE!!! (Pacen saw it right on the trail and I screamed like a little girl...really good example for my kids....it was a baby and believe it or not, it did not strike at us like I envision in my mind), and then we swung on bill and peggy's awesome tire swing for a while, Than tried to take the kids swimming but there wasn't a place to take them in the WC or concord so he came home with ice cream. And any day that ends in ice cream is usually a good day if you ask me.









5 comments:
Look at those tiny feet. Oh so adorable!! And you didn't tell me about the snake... I may need to rethink hiking out there when I come up. :)
Welcome back to Cali. :) Be glad you only saw one, my parents find them ALL the time esp. during snake season. (remind me to tell you about Reed's snake "galoshes") THat baby George is soooo cute! And Gentry too, can she be any squishier?
oh man, i have the cutest grandkids. thank you for those pictures and i love katie's description..."can she be any squishier?" anyway, thanks
I love that stage too. I love watching them just sit and play. And I think your Mom would be right to say Gentry looks just like Gentry. I still don't see any of your other kids in her yet. But she is super cute and I get to finally meet her in just a few short weeks!
Gentry is precious in those pictures!! And even got ones of sweet George in there. Love 'em.
Post a Comment