(And I think for the record that this could be one of the worst family pics we have ever taken. Look at the kids faces...each look a little 'special' in their own special ways.)
What better way to kick off the end of summer than with another trip to San Francisco?!!?! Even though I vowed off Fisherman's Wharf on Saturdays, we did it one more time and it was o much more enjoyable because there was probably 50% less people than the last time we went. And we found cheap parking. And we had better company. (Just kidding Loren and Kathy!). Kaylee has to come down once a month to let Olive visit Zach and so we got to meet her new husband, Chris, for the first time and it was super fun. He's a great guy (and a Mr. Fix it--fixed my toilet and ice dispenser while here!) and they are working hard, creating a beautiful new little family. All the Hancock's were here (okay, minus Shauna and Joe) and we headed off to San Fran early in the morning.
We rode the merry go round....
We ate Clam chowder...or chili....I think Pacen almost threw up while walking down the fish market place....that's my boy. Fish stink!
Kaylee might look like she loves Chris, but she might just leave him for this guy. Know where he's from.....Seinfeld! Sam spotted him and even I, who am not a big Seinfeld-er, knew who he was. This may have made Kaylee's day.


I love it when Camry mans the camera. Than and I actually get in a picture together...love it!
What made mine and Sam's day....The Nob Hill Chill. Oh yeah baby. We were practically running to the shop. It's a little piece of heaven I tell ya.
This is how Kaylee walked around downtown....covered in like 12 layers of clothes. No, it was not that cold. She's just crazy. The other fun moment walking was when this crazy man comments to me on the street and I quote, "Hey...lookin' good mama." Yep, I wore a bright pink shirt and stood out like a sore thumb.

We bought Camry a little necklace and she's in love. Than is making her 'work it off' and she has remembered. She can even take it on and off all by herself now. And what is it about stinky feet? Every kid and baby love it. It never seems to get old.


Claira slept most of the day and just woke up as happy as can be. Love that girl.

Claira slept most of the day and just woke up as happy as can be. Love that girl.


On Sunday (yes, I said Sunday...argh) we went to Santa Cruz. It was Kaylee's birthday and we also celebrated Scotty's birthday. The weather was fantastic and the beach was beautiful.

My kids just loved having their Aunt Kaylee around. And Aunt Becca, too. We are super blessed with a great family.
This is the chair that Engineer Chris made for Kaylee. He got super ticked when Scotty threw water in it "accidentally" and when random people would walk by his nicely groomed sand. He is a true engineer, that is for sure.
My kids just loved having their Aunt Kaylee around. And Aunt Becca, too. We are super blessed with a great family.
And now summer is over. Bummer. We really did enjoy it even with our move. Pacen is ready for 1st grade, I hope. He keeps saying, "I'm just not going to get dressed or put my shoes on and then I can stay home." But I think deep down he's excited. I am pumped because there are two girls in his primary class and one of them is in his school class!!! I think he's relieved, too, to know at least one person. We walked by his class and playground and tomorrow I'll walk him to his class like a crazy hover-mom, but it'll make me feel better. I never had to be a new kid and I never wanted to be one and now poor Pacen has to be one. I really am confident that he will do fine. He picked his new A's shirt to wear and it's all sitting out just waiting for him. I have fun snacks to put in his lunch and I think we are ready to go. I think I may be more nervous than him! Maybe I should set out my clothes for tomorrow. :)




6 comments:
Erica, I love your pictures and this post!! Hope all went well with Pacen's first day at school. He'll do wonderful, he's such a sweetheart.
Good luck Pacen...I said a prayer for you this morning. You can do it. I love the pictures and I love how much fun last weekend was. Man I have cute grandkids.
It looks like you guys are totally loving CA. Oh, and that first picture is definitely special. :) My favorite is Pacen!!!
School has started it is a total bummer. So now that you live so far away I feel like I need you to update your blog more regularly:)
I have a few different comments. If you had not pointed out that the picture at Nob Hill was you and Sam I would not have known it was him. He looks completely different. What is it? His hair? I don't know but I didn't recognize him.
Those are cute pictures of the kids with Kaylee. She looks really pretty in the pictures too.
And how is Camry "working off" her necklace? That would be interesting to hear about. I've tried having my kids work things off but they are just lousy at working that it never works out right.
Good luck to Pacen!
Seriously! Is it really cold enough there for jackets already? That is nuts......
Post a Comment