Last night I got to have a little girl time. It's funny because I don't go anywhere without Than and/or the kids very often and it's almost like I don't know what to do with myself. As I was leaving I just kept thinking, Okay, do I have everything I need!?!? Guess what...when you are by yourself you don't really need that much. No diapers, no wipes, no sippy cups, no blankets, no strollers, no snacks (okay, I did grab a snack for me and it was a big hershey bar and I ate the whole thing on the way to Sac-town and even had some melted on my shirt to prove it..but luckily Raeanne came prepared with a Tide Pen. Maybe I should take mine out of the wrapper and carry it around with me).
We first met for dinner at Mimi's Cafe. I almost asked for a kids menu. :) Then we headed off to the ARCO for American Idol Live Tour 2010!!!! It was actually a lot of fun. I wasn't as into AI as I have been in years past, but I still like it. They really are good singers. I would have put the concert together a little differently....made it flow a little better...but I still knew all the words and sang along as loud as I could.
If you read Angelee's blog, you'll know that I did make a friend while I was there. I was walking up the stairs and this lady was like...Why you made it up those stairs quickly! Its' like when you are pregnant if you do something that is really average people think you are amazing. Way to get up and get dressed! Then I met her in the bathroom again and she told me all about her daughter, her grandson, her daughter's first pregnancy which ended in an abortion, her daughter's bi-polar disease, her five generation family, the family reunion they wanted to have and I'm sure other things that I'm trying to block from my memory. Oh, just one more of the joys of pregnancy. You have a big target on your stomach that says, Come talk to me. Feel my belly.


4 comments:
you are too funny. and I'll really wear my homemade lee dewyze shirt. :)
Funny post. I did not watch American Idol last year because Shauna told me that I should watch Biggest Loser because I am a fat person. It turned out that I really did enjoy watching fat people exercise ...while I ate a bowl of ice cream....more than I enjoy watching people sing. But Simon is way hotter than Bob and I have to admit that I missed looking at him in his tight black t-shirts. There is no point to watching AI this season since he is not going to be there and he has been replaced by a gross looking person who doesn't comb his hair.
No one has come up to me yet to feel my belly or talk to me about being pregnant. I did have a friend tell me a while back that I do not seem approachable to strangers because I look mean... Apparently you need to look more mean (meaner?) like me, and those crazy people will just leave you alone.
Just forget the glitter and goop, your tummy will do for attention!!! LOL
Post a Comment