Friday, August 27, 2010

She's Got Mail!


Today could quite possibly be one of the happiest days in Camry's short little life. She FINALLY got some mail from Alli. I only say finally because ever since we sent Alli's little letter in the mail, she's been asking if her letter had come back from Alli. And I mean like minutes after Alli's letter had been taken by the mailman. So, everyday she would ask to go out and check the mail and today it came! And she got a little email from her friend, Kamden, so all is right in Camry's world. She just loves mail. I think all kids do. It makes them feel so special. Than's grandma (AKA GG Ma) is the queen of mail sending. And it's really awesome because even though we don't live that close to them, she has developed a relationship with the kids through her letters. She's not a blog reader so she doesn't follow the day to day stuff we do, but she's made a personal attempt to know them and the kids love it. The other day we were talking about grandma's and Camry asked, "Mom, who do you think is my best grandma?" And I just told her that they are all best in different ways in my great mom voice and then she says, "I think GG Ma is my best." So, go out and send some real mail to some kid because they will love it.

5 comments:

Merfy said...

Me: "Alli come and see this"
Alli: "OHHHH! She liked it! I knew she would like it!"

shauna said...

actually i just bought them stuff to mail about two hours ago! it's for the halloween package so it will be a while. maybe we will send something else before then.

Anonymous said...

It's not going to happen...this grandma just doesn't mail. I am the worst grandparent ever!!

Cameron and Katie said...

We just picked up the mail not 10 minutes ago and my girls were shuffling through it all, looking for SOMETHING for them. All kids Do love mail.

Parley and Katie Call said...

There is nothing better than old fashioned mail. I prefer it to emails.