Sunday, March 04, 2012

Claira's First Haircut!


Claira took a long time to grow her hair and I've just been letting it go because it's super thin....the curls throw you off but really, she still doesn't have a lot of hair. But it was past time for a haircut, and Camry was waaaayyyyyy overdue, so Summer was kind enough to fit them into her busy schedule. Summer and I were great friends in high school and have had a chance to reconnect out here and I'm sooooo glad we did. She takes me back to my pre-mormon Oroville roots. :) Summer and her family will always have a special place in my heart because I was at Summer's house when I called my house to tell my sister that I left a carton of ice cream on my mom's bed and they told me that they had been trying to get ahold of me because Dad had been in his accident. Summer's dad, Rick, took me to the hospital and had to explain to me what the ICU was and told me how brave I was being. Even though I don't see Summer's parents ever (I had breakfast with her dad like 5 years ago), I still have a special place in my heart for the way they loved me and took care of me during that time. Anyway.....back to the haircut.

Camry went first to show Claira how easy it is.
And Claira and Gentry ran amok in her salon. :) Don't worry...Pacen did, too, but he was smart enough not to get photographed being naughty.
Camry's hair is short again and so cute. She is loving looking at her new look all the time.

Claira was loving all this girly beauty attention. She was very curious and paid close attention to what Summer was doing.
Her hair is basically the same, but much more clean and even. It's taken three years to grow that hair! We aren't cutting it off until she's dying to! She keeps talking about how long her hair is now (?) and feels very pretty.
Camry snapped this picture of us. I need to dig out some old high school photos someday.

And here is the cute new face of Pacen!!! Man that kid is cute.
What am saying....Both these babies are cute! I just make cute kids. :)

4 comments:

Than Hancock said...

I didn't realize this whole "baby making" thing was a one sided affair! But, you are right, you do make cute kids. I mean, really all I bring to the table is a big chin, a spare tire and some love handles!

Mrs. Hislop said...

Lily grows hair like Claira does. I've had to trim her bangs a little, but that's it. Everyone who hasn't seen her in a while asks, "Did you cut her hair? I like it short!" and I reply, "Um, no, that's all her hair she's ever grown."

Also, Than's comment above cracked me up. We all know kids' cuteness comes from their mamas, right?

Emily said...

I am jealous! You got to wait for more than three years before you had to cut Claira's hair! This is just another reason why I am so happy that we're having a girl: I won't have to try to make another one-year old sit still for a haircut. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I've missed your blogs!!! Your kids are so precious and little Claira looked so grown up in the chair getting her hair cut.