Tonight I was sitting in Pacen while he was reading before he went to sleep and he was showing me his favorite Calvin and Hobbes strips. He starts a story....."The other day Reese's brother was rhyming words with truck and he accidentally said the F-word..............What does that even mean anyway???" That is why I love my Pacen so much. My sweet little sheltered innocent boy that won't stay like that very much longer unfortnuately. It's things like that that just make my day happy.
The other day when Erin was here we ordered some hamburgers, fries, onion rings and milkshakes from the Habit which was so super yummy and I had eaten a ton and as I was dipping my last onion ring in some ranch (I think you are getting fatter just reading this!) I go, "Man, I'm so full!" And Camry says in a very matter of fact way, "Then why are you still eating?" Touche, Camry. Touche.
Kids are just funny. Gentry is talking more and more these days. It's still very difficult to understand but I know what she's talking about and she understands so much more so I can ask her if she wants something and she can respond with a calm little smile and grunt noise rather than throwing herself down on the floor. But lets be honest, she still does that at least twice a day. I'm trying to think of what she said today that was so cute. Oh, it was dog. We were walking penny and then another dog barked and very clearly she just says, "Dog!" and it was so cute because it was so clear and that doesn't happen very much around here. :)
What's been going on over here.....Pacen had a baseball game last night that was very sad. He struck out three times and was pretty upset about it. IT was his first time ever striking out and I think it got the best of him because then he was nervous the rest of the game. So we practiced after the game and he has practice tomorrow and I'm sure he'll be fine but it was funny because I was driving home and I was just sort of bummed and I realized it was because he had been so sad when he struck out and that made me sad. And when I got home Than said something along the same lines about being bummed about his game. Parents are too funny to get wrapped up in their kid's life like that, but that is what we do. It was also funny because a bunch of us got locked in the parking lot after the game and one of the parents busted the lock off the gate so we could get out. I'm just glad I wasn't there alone or I would have been toast!
This weekend was fun. It started off with a Primary Talent show on Friday night. Pacen wanted to jump rope and he did awesome! All the kids started counting while he was jumping and he got to 78....very impressive. He was proud of himself. Camry took some of her artwork to display. Claira 'danced' with the other sunbeams. She said afterward that that rapunzel song was too scary to dance to. She was super cute standing on the stage though!
While we were displaying our talents, Than's connecting flight in LA was canceled so he was scrambling to figure out what was the best way to get home while his car had to stay at SFO. We were heading out to Oroville to celebrate Becky's birthday and see Sam and Hillary so he ended up flying to Sacramento and we picked him up on the way to oroville. Of course his baggage didn't make it to sac but luckily he thought ahead and had me pack some so we made it safely to the ville and his bag made it sometime that evening. We had a great day with the hancock's....gave becky an awesome present that she has to find all over her house. We made her work for it. :) Took sam and hillary's engagement photos, met hillary's parents, bbq'd, played games, ate cake and then headed back to the WC. Since it was our Ward Conference Than had to be back for meetings so it was a quick trip.
Sunday was awesome. Church was good. My little sunbeam class is coming along. We had a 17 year old investigator over for dinner with the missionaries and it was really fun to teach with them. At one point he joked, "I'm getting sucked in!" You can just see him really contemplating the state of his life and thinking....what do I really want to do?? What happens if I continue the road I'm on?? It was great to be a teeny tiny part of that lesson.
And lets see....the week before that erin was here and it was crazy fun. The kids didn't know that she and Rick were coming. Erin's flight came in at 10:30 pm so we picked her up and came home and chatted until 2:00 in the AM...then had to SPRING FORWARD (worst day ever!)...and then get up and go to church. When everyone was up we told them to do downstairs for a surprise and that was fun. It took them a minute to get it but then they were excited.
Erin always comes with many fun little gifts. The kids got a kick out of them. "See 'cause get it...it's really chocolate covered peanuts!!!! AHAHAHAHAH!!!!"
These were for Than and I. I'm excited to use the space noodles.
Monday I let the kids stay home from school and they just played and played and played. And played. When Erin wasn't playing basektball.......
...she was playing dress up.....
...or jumping on the tramp.....
...or building forts.....
...or curling hair......
...basically she just said "yes" to anything the kids wanted to do. Oh! And we did a puzzle and that was so fun. I haven't done a puzzle in years. I see why Jana wants to do a birthday puzzle every year.
Erin and Gentry bonded. Gentry was pretty quick to see that whatever Erin does is fun and she wanted in on it. At one point, Erin was holding her and I went to hold her and she started crying and gripping onto Erin's arms. WHAT!?!?!?!? Erin is pretty awesome.
Best story of the weekend was when Erin bet the kid that whoever lost at War had to jump in the pool and Erin lost and she really jumped in the pool!!!!! It was so awesome.
Here's the video that Rick took if you want to see it. It's pretty funny.
The kids wanted to show off, too, but neither of them actually got their hair wet!
One of the fun activities was playing on Rick's phone. They could not get enough of their crazy looking faces.
Rick made a little animated picture for Camry. She loves it.
And like I said before, they helped us with the kids during Pacen's game. After the game we hit skippolini's pizza and it was amazing! I love that pizza.
Oh man! We had fun. I wish they could stay for longer but I'm afraid if they did I would never get a chance to recover! I've said it before, but it's true....everyone needs an Aunt Erin.





























3 comments:
"everyone needs an Aunt Erin." Word.
Omg! I'm exhausted just from reading about all the fun. I have not met this awesome aunt Erin, but I'm pretty sure everyone needs one. I know I love when my sisters come by and play with the kids.
I just love how you and your sisters always somehow get together. That's what it's all about. You're one lucky girl!
Post a Comment