Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Monster Hair 2.0

This is what we wake up to every morning. It's crazy monster hair! It is very reminiscent of this. It looks like this mostly after a good night's sleep, but there is a little tamed down version that comes after naps. Claira has super cute blond, curly hair when it is brushed. When it's not, she looks a little crazy.
2 year olds really are the best. They are full of energy and happiness and craziness and are learning new words all the time and exploring. Claira just makes us laugh. I feel bad for Camry because she's in the stage where we laugh hysterically at something that Claira does and then she tries to do it and she gets nothing. It's hard being 4. The other day I was putting Claira to bed and we were doing the little I love you game as I'm closing the door (you know....I love you...no, I Love you...no, I love you most...etc) and as I'm closing the door Claira says, "I love you, Stinky Head!" Thank you, Than! It was so cute though. Only Claira can call me stinky head and get away with it. Well, until she's Camry's age and it's no longer cute. :) Claira always says, "Heeeeeyyyyy, me toooooooooo." You can say, "I'm going to hurt myself," and she'd say, 'Heeeyyyyyy, me toooooo," with her voice going way up and down on the hey and the too. And she has the perfect pouty lip. I need to get a good picture of it but it only comes out in those real, special times. :)
While I was posting this super cute Claira picture, I thought I'd give a little photog lesson. The first picture I took was the real dark one. The window is to the left of her and so I thought the light wasn't that bad because it wasn't like she was standing directly in front of the window but when I looked...way too dark. So, I turned Claira around and put myself in between her and the window with the window at my back and got a wonderfully lit picture. And luckily for me she gave me another cute smile. I get lots of compliments on my pictures on my blog (and I really appreciate that!) but it's not without trial and error.

And the other lesson learned is that no girl should ever be without four necklaces, two bracelets, two wands, her phone, purse, and crown.

4 comments:

shauna said...

We feel the same way about Kaylee and Daisy. It makes me feel so bad for Kaylee. I try to catch Kaylee doing the cute things and say something but the real problem is when outsiders make a huge fuss about Daisy and nothing about Kaylee. It's hard because Heidi is at school and gets plenty of attention and praise to boost her ego there. But then Kaylee and Daisy are both with me all day and when we go out everyone makes comments about Daisy. Kaylee is well aware of it and it just makes me feel so sad for her. It is very hard being four. That's probably why turning five is such a big deal. Kaylee has been planning her party for months and she knows that five year olds get to go to kindergarten. Poor Kaylee and Camry. Have you ever read the Ramona books with your kids? It actually helped me understand Kaylee's position better because Ramona is four during the first book and you can see where she tries to be good but it always goes wrong.

I think Than is really regretting the marathon decision because not only is he having to run 26 miles with me but I asked him to do RS thing, too. He would be perfect for it but I'm sure he is just shaking his head thinking he got himself into a mess when he signed up to do this with me. He's a good brother though for doing it all.

Anonymous said...

Love that cute girl.

Anonymous said...

What a little princess!!

Emily said...

Oh no!! It's the return of monster hair!! :)