The only thing that I've done to get ready for this baby is get this old changing table with some drawers. Our old one just had shelves and we own way too many clothes for these kids and needed some more space. I ended up getting this one for free off of KSL because I went to look at it and it turned out I knew the lady from teaching and she gave it to me for free since it needed a lot of work. None of the drawers worked well, it was originally yellow (don't ask me why) and then they spray painted it white...it was pretty ugly. Should have taken a picture. So, I fixed it up as well as I know how (I try to be a Mrs. Fix It, but I'm not that good yet). You know...paint..sand....stain, etc. I like the way it turned out. That is not why you should have a boost of self esteem yet.
THIS is why. When I was going through Pacen and Cam's other dresser I started trying to find matches to their socks. I hate matching socks and usually just throw them in. Bad, I know. This is how many socks did NOT have matches. How many different white socks are there?!?!?! I didn't even count them, but I had to laugh because there was even a little mitten in there.
This was my favorite part, though. I believe that this row of boys socks came together in a little set. It takes real talent to have one baseball, one football, one soccer ball, two different color striped, and one 63 sock. If I tried to do it again, I probably couldn't.
So, now all of you can feel good about yourself knowing that you are more organized and don't waste as much money as I have on socks.


7 comments:
okay I seriously have to laugh, because I did the same thing this week. I went through a laundry basket FULL of sock and only found matches for about half of them. What do you with them too? I have too many rags. What would the DI do with unmatched socks? I feel bad throwing them all away.
The changing table looks great. I can't wait to hold and cuddle your baby. Maybe it will make me baby hungry.
Thank you. I feel better. oh yeah, good job with the changing table!
That is sickening!!!! How depressing. Maybe you should buy like we do....all the same brand so they always match. I remember so well doing laundry with all the kids. If the socks ever turned out all matching (very very rare!!) I would make a wish. Weird I know!!!
i love it...the dresser AND the socks. i'm so glad i'm not the only one who just tosses lonely socks in the drawer!
Love the socks, hillarious!
Hey Than found your blog and what a beautiful family you have! Cute kids, smokin hot wife, wow:) It's good to see that you are happy.
I found your blog on the barth's and we thought we'd say hi! Your little family is getting so big! It looks like you're almost ready for number three and let me tell you - it really is the kicker! Number three just put me over the top in terms of thinking I had it all together! Our little boy is two months old and we love him to death! He's a really good baby but still...life is crazy! Is it ever not? Anywho, check out our blog: fairbanksfamilybuzz.blogspot.com and keep in touch! Good luck with your new baby. When are you due?
Post a Comment