Today was St. Patrick's Day.
It was also Becky's birthday. Happy birthday, Becky. I love you.
And it is now my newest nephew's birthday!!! Kaylee gave birth to a 9 lb. 7 oz. baby boy today! I can't wait to take some pictures of that chunky monkey when we are up in Washington! Whew...nine pounds. That is quite the little man.
So, since when did St. Patrick's day become like a real holiday? All I remember about St. Patrick's day as a kid was the importance to wear green or you would be pinched, but, it seems that it is much larger than that these days. And I blame Carrie. Camry has all these ideas about what the leprechaun does and I'm pretty sure she got all of them from Asher. Today after Camry wakes up she says, "Oh, I'm going to look under my pillow to see if the Leprechaun left me some gold!" What??!?! Ummmm, you better not do that if you don't want to be disappointed. And then later she said, "Well I need to look in my Leprechaun trap to see if we caught a leprechaun last night. Leprechaun's are real, you know. Really, they are. Asher's mom saw one in their kitchen and it moved." Sorry, Camry. Maybe next year I'll be more festive for st. patty's day. I did make a green cake and I did turn the milk green but then none of my kids would drink it. I'm just leaving room for improvement here. I can't be the best mom in the world all the time.
Maybe one of the reasons I flaked today was because I had to have Pacen to school at 7:15 in the AM for their trip to the SF Symphony. My little boy rode on the BART on a class field trip to the symphony. How awesome is that?!?!!? He was sooooo excited and had a really awesome time. They had little booklets with games and maps and things to entertain them on the trip and the symphony played some Star Wars music so life was good. And he got chicken strips for lunch. It really doesn't get any better than that. I really like Pacen's school. I love that he has the opportunity to do things like that because I would never think to take my children to a symphony, in fact, I don't think I have ever been to a symphony so he has one upped me on that.
Last night Than and I tried to go to the temple. I say tried, because we didn't actually go because my temple recommend expired (it expires every 2 years and you have to renew it with interviews with a member of the Bishopric and Stake Presidency). That happened after I had Claira too. It is hard to get to the temple with a new baby and now that she is on a bottle I don't really have an excuse and so I was excited to go and we had babysitting arranged and we're all dressed and get there on time even only to see that my recommend had expired. So, instead we got some good Thai food in Berkeley and it was fun to be on a little mid week date with Than. Than and I really are two peas in a pod. Neither one of us are incredible organized and we lose things and forget about things all the time. For instance, when he was in LV, he jumped in the pool with his cell phone in his pocket. In Hawaii, he jumped into the ocean (not just jumped but boogie boarded for hours) with our rental car keys that were completely electronic and luckily he didn't lose them, he just ruined them for a few hours until they dried out. Today he left his MiFi card at the airport but found it, only to leave his jacket at Brad's house. I love you babe. I still haven't mailed the mail you asked me to mail five days ago. Why...because I don't have any stamps and I have been to the store a few times I just never think to buy any. Our brains just don't work as well as they used to. But really, did they ever work well????
Today we had some friends over to watch the BYU game and it was so fun. The kids just played and played and played and we so loud. As my kids are getting older they are getting much louder. I miss not having two living areas in my house. And BYU won!!!! Now they just need to win on Saturday and I will have a happy husband. I really love watching a BYU game with Pacen. He loves his cougars. I hope that never changes.
And Than is home! Yeah! That means I'm out of there. I haven't taken any pictures the past couple days and I'm having some withdrawals. Here are a couple of Gentry that I took a week or so ago.




9 comments:
Congrats Kaylee and family! That really is so exciting, and I cannot wait to see pictures!
Oh, and Gentry looks sooo pretty in that second picture :) I love it!
Hey, don't blame me that you are not a FUN mom :) I did something a few years ago and now my kids expect it-dang it.
Cute pictures of Gentry, love the processing. Maybe you will inspire me to dress my kids up and take them out to get some pictures.
Love the Gentry pics!
My brain doesn't work so great lately either. I think it's the kids...they just suck the brain power right out of you.
And congrats to Kaylee. She must be Wonder Woman or something!
i feel the same way about st. patricks....maybe one day i will be fun about it but not this year.
and that is a huge baby! like almost 2 lbs more than any of mine.
st. patricks is a huge holiday with college kids...hence chico state moved its spring break to ALWAYS be during st. patrick's day so they wouldn't be on campus and doing all the drinking. it has solved a few of the problems there. it is kind of like halloween...it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. and being that it is my birthday, it is a great holiday...where is my present? in the mail....right???? thanks erica for the birthday wishes. i love you too. and what a cute baby you have.
it's like it's us at the logan temple all over again.
and you and than have always been this way...for as long as I've known both of you...you are perfect for eachother.
and...I'm a lame mom at st. patrick's day too. we even had pancakes yesterday and I didn't make them green. that would have been an easy "cool mom" thing to do...and I didn't even do that.
and...AI. I love scotty, james, pia and paul.
that comment from kaylee or i guess from chris, was really from me in case you couldn't tell.
I am just mad I didn't get to eat any Irish soda bread this year. :(
I love that you guys have lots of b-days on St. Patty's!
And, I agree w/Angelee. You guys have always been that way, you are perfect for each other. :) It was funny to hear you describe it in writing.
Post a Comment