My husband is a tri-athlete, marathon runner and now half marathon runner. I guess he really was a half marathon runner when he was training for his marathon, but now he got a medal for it. And a t-shirt. So that makes it real. :) We headed up to Oroville for Than to run in the Bidwell Classic Half Marathon and his goal was to finish under 2 hours and he did! Here he is before the race.
During....this is the half way mark and he looked like he had tons of energy and was still happy. I don't think I'd be able to say that after running 6 miles!
The finish...waving to his adoring fans.
I'm so happy for him to hit his goal even though he didn't really deserve it for only running FIVE times before the race! That sounds misleading...he did train for his marathon, then he took 2 months off, then ran five times and then ran the half. Boys can just do those things where I don't think girls can. Maybe in shape girls can do that, I cannot. :) But I am very proud of the babe.
While he ran, we played. And Angelee came to hang out with us and I love that!
Sheesh, Cam, tell me how you really feel about waiting for dad to finish his race....
While in Oroville, Gentry Pie had a milestone that has been long overdue.....She rolled over!!!! That's what happens when you let her lay on the floor a couple of times! It was so exciting and she was so good at it!
While in the car...
And Camry did ask while we were out with Than, "Dad, can adult women run marathons too?" Yep, cam, just not this adult woman!

























3 comments:
thank you for the fun weekend. thank pacen for slapping my butt every time he walked by me....and for voluntarily walking up and giving me a hug when i was leaving for work on friday. thank cam for snuggling with me for a little while on the couch. ....and claira because she just cracks me up. give gentry a big squeeze for being the champion snuggler and smiler for the weekend.
hey Rose just rolled over this morning! Just front to back but still. I also have been guilty of no tummy time for her. And I keep getting made fun of for you and I having the same baby blog posts so I won't post Rose's milestone - atleastnot till she gets the back to front down!
Yay Than!! Yay Gentry!!
And that is a really funny family picture... Cam looks like she couldn't care less, Claira only cares about her juice box, Pacen is making a silly face while holding onto Gent's head and ear, and Gentry seems slightly annoyed at this... It's a keeper.
Post a Comment