Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Baseball has begun.


I've pretty much been waiting for my kids to play baseball since the last day that I played competitive softball. I just love sports and I love to see kids enjoy them. Pacen has been super excited to play baseball this year but is bummed that he's not on his school friends' team. That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes, but tonight, he got to 'verse' (that is what Pacen calls it....hey mom, who is BYU versing tonight....and he even got his friend to say it and his mom was like, "Yeah, Aiden said he was versing Pacen's team...I wasn't too sure what that meant at first but I figured it out." Sorry I think it's cute and I haven't corrected that one yet.) Anyway he got to play against a team that had a few school friends on it and he was pretty excited about that. He wasn't too sure how it would all work out because he didn't know if he could "go easy on them" but the night ended with everyone in smiles.

First time up to the plate. A big swing and a.......
...miss. Dang.
Second pitch....Big swing and a....hit!!!! Woohoo!
I love that his little buddy is waving hi to him.
Is he coaching the World Series...nope, but I love the enthusiasm.
Running home....SAFE!
My work here is done.
Out in the field. This is Pacen being intimidating. :)
Second trip to the plate....
A Big hit......hooray!!!!

Not everyone was as into the game as some....
Claira slept the whole time in my friend's stroller. Thanks for being the prepared mom!

Camry played on the grass...we ran to the tree and back and she learned how to climb a chain link fence.
Me wrestling the monkeys. And Gench in her cute pink bunny suit. Think A Christmas Story.
Even Daddy was there! Yippee!
And Roman!!!!
And if Roman is there, I guess emily has to be with him. :)
Don't these two look alike?!?!
Afterwards we celebrated the beginning of baseball season with pizza from Rocco's and it was delicious! Hooray for baseball!!!

4 comments:

jana said...

Way to go Pacen! So glad he hit the ball and had a good experience. I remember the 'verses' - might as well add it to the dictionary. I love the pictures of Cam. And Em and Roman look super cute.

shauna said...

All cute pictures, and I loved the ones of Pacen swinging, but the cutest ones were of Gentry and Roman! They are so cute! I always feel a little stupid though when I see these babies dressed trendier than I would even know how to dress. Roman's so handsome.

Emily said...

We had so much fun... Pacen is such a little baseball stud!! And SUPER cute pictures of my little man, but I am a bit biased :)

Anonymous said...

great job pacen...what a stud. i love the pictures. emily and roman are both so cute and look so much alike. thanks for sharing.