Friday, March 25, 2011

Author's Tea


Every first grader at Pacen's school has to participate in "Author's Tea." They each have to write and illustrate a book and then read it in front of all the first grade and guests that they invite. It's a pretty big deal. At the beginning of the year when they told me about it, I thought and even said, "Well, we'll see if that really happens!" (Do you remember preschool graduation!?!?! It's kind of fun to remember things like that.) I really had doubts but Mrs. Howitt never did. And today was Pacen's turn and he was so excited! And we were shocked. We've been playing it up all week and he was all ready.

The inside of the program.

Pacen's cheering section. Kathy is out here, not just for this, but I'm so glad it worked out that way. And Peggy and Bill, our adopted grandparents out here. In this picture they are taking care of Roman....first grandchildren get all the attention!
Waiting patiently for his turn. They saved the best for last.
Reading his book. He's such a stud. His book had three components...all his favorite things. Basketball, Darth Maul, and ice cream. It was fantastic. Very Pacen.
Afterwards eating treats and signing his book. He was trying to get away from me. Can you believe that?!?!!? He's already embarrassed by his mom. I'm so proud. :)
The video. The moderators are the best. They are very well trained first graders.

And you can see his whole story here. I love technology. His story is The Stranger Who Took the Ball. We are so proud of you, Pacen! You are becoming such a brave little guy!

4 comments:

shauna said...

Pacen that was AWESOME!!! We loved it! Ben loved the part with Darth Mall and I loved the part about the ice cream. Birthday cake ice cream is my favorite and cotton candy is Heidi's favorite. That was seriously so cool to watch. I loved your drawing of the black and red flying car. That is exactly how a black and red flying car would look. You looked so handsome, too. When we move closer can you read the book for us again? I can't wait to see you guys again!

Emily said...

Raaaaj *hand gesture*
Zooooee *hand gesture*

Those kids were amazing! I am so glad that I got to be here for this. I am so so so proud of our little man :)

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB PACEN!! YOU ARE GETTING SO BIG AND SO BRAVE. THANKS FOR THE FUN WEEKEND GUYS.

Lenore said...

That is absolutely adorable! Love the MC.