...when you've lost your keys....since Saturday. That's me. A prisoner in my own house. Than came home from shopping for mother's day presents Saturday night and then somehow they have disappeared. I have scoured the house top to bottom, I've looked in and under couches, cleaned out the van, looked in the garage thinking they may have fallen out of his jeans or something, looked in his shopping bags, prayed and prayed and prayed we'd find them, looked in all laundry, even mine and my bags just in case by some weird thing he put them in my purse when he got home...nothing. We only have one key because it was expensive to get the other one programmed, so now I either pay the big bucks to have our car towed to the dealer to have another key programmed, or I wait and look and look some more. Really, I'm sick of looking. I've pretty much been cleaning or looking for the keys for 4 days. Luckily I have good friends and neighbors who take my carpool for me and pick up my produce. Where in the heck are they!?!?!?!!?!? If nothing else, my house is really clean. Well, now it's a little trashed because we just had a Zinch work party here and there were lots of kids running around with food and throwing all the toys around, but that can all be cleaned quickly because of how clean my house was to start. :) My neighbor said maybe it was Than's way of getting me to stop spending money and get my chores done. If it was, Than is brilliant! And I can't really get mad at the guy because he was out buying me presents after all. What's a girl to do? Play princesses...check. Read lots of books....check. Make desserts that just make me fat...check.
Last week I got to take a lot of pictures and now I need to stop looking for my keys and get them all edited. :) Okay, let's find my keys first. I hate those darn keys. But I want to find them because the only key chain on there is one that my mom gave me on their trip to England, so I kind of love it.
This is Camille. My friend Tiffany's sister. She's a senior and is just a happy girl.
This is Tiffany, my friend. She's going to be having a baby by next Friday and I love her.
This is her sweet Dempsey who will be a great big sister.

And this is the whole Nukaya fam getting ready for their new addition. It will be three no more.

And this is the whole Nukaya fam getting ready for their new addition. It will be three no more.
This is Jessie. Kathy's daughter. Also a senior. We love to have jessie around. She is so sweet because at Jana's house she saw a dog in it's kennel outside and Jana told her it was in the kennel about 95% of its life and she started to cry. What a sweet heart she has.
And this is my friend, Christina's, sister's family. Got that?!!? Christina is Garrett's wife, Garrett is Emily's brother. We love all Updikes. Do you got that now!?!? How's that for great English? They have a cute little boy that made me sing songs to get him to smile.
Right now Pacen is lying on the floor crying because he wants to go exercise with me. Really he just doesn't want to go to bed. He just said, "Are you going to tell Dad I'm down here?" Why does he have the eternal fear of Than?
Than is out right now getting ready for his triathlon that he's doing in a couple weeks. Go babe!
I have gotten on my elliptical twice this week in hopes to stop the growth of my love handles. Go me! I don't think twice is gonna do it.
Every time I ask Camry a question I get the answer, "In the garbage." Or, "I threw it in the garbage." Where's Claira? "I threw her in the garbage." What!?!?! What a fun new four year old phase. At least a big fat smile follows the answer.
Claira is obsessed with taking off her diaper. Tonight she actually took off her diaper, went to her room and grabbed another on and lied down to try to put it on. Pure genius that one.
Let's hope that tomorrow brings with it my keys.
**Update: I just finished this post and looked down and Pacen had fallen asleep. What a sweet kid after all.
And then that reminded me of a picture I took of Claira on Mother's Day just before I rudely woke her up so that we could go to dinner at Jana's. Oh man she's a pretty one.














11 comments:
PRAY ! HAVE YOUR KIDS PRAY TOO, I THINK THEIR PRAYERS WORK BETTER.
love the pictures, i want you to take my families!
PRAY ! HAVE YOUR KIDS PRAY TOO, I THINK THEIR PRAYERS WORK BETTER.
love the pictures, i want you to take my families!
Those are the coolest pictures...you are a really great photographer. I need help with Becca's pictures when you get here. I haven't had any of them developed because it all feels so overwhelming.
And your post made me laugh....out loud.
Love your pictures girl. Sorry about the keys. That happened to me a while back but it was only for 1/2 a day and I went nuts...how patient you are, I would have towed the car long ago.
(and isn't it funny how when they are lost, they're usually in HIS clothes?) :)
that sucks about your keys, hope they show up soon. maybe Camry threw them in the Garbage :)
Pics are awesome!!
Camry is probably saying everything is in the garbage because that is where your keys ended up.
Oh my goodness! I've been in the same circumstances! Lost my keys for 1 1/2 weeks 2 months ago and it was purely miserable. Well, we found them, behind the piano music on the piano. Jason was walking by the piano while I was praying in my closet and repenting for my bad attitude, and he instantly had a feeling to look behind the piano music. And there they were. I guess all it took was for me to change my attitude concerning some things. So Erica, what is it that you have to repent of? ;-) Just joking. I hope you find them soon!!
STEWW!!!!! I can't believe your moving here, I can't believe your doing photography ( p.s. remember our cheese shoots from yester-year?) I can't wait to talk to you... I'm positivly BURSTING with GLEE!!
Stew??? I haven't heard anyone call Erica "Stew" since high school... Summer??
Erica, you really are a great photographer. I keep thinking it's your subjects that are so beautiful but I really think it's a talent of yours now.
Post a Comment