Nope. Not my baby. My baby is awesome. But this baby is awesome, too. And special. He's a first. Or she's a first. We don't know yet. What makes this baby so awesome and special is because he is my sister, Emily's, first baby! I love just typing it.
My sister is pregnant!
That baby is in her tummy right now. And has made her rather sick. I keep asking her, what is wrong with you?!?! Pace women don't get sick! And she responds....I am normal. YOU are not. All women get sick, just not you. I know, I know. And I enjoy every minute of it. I love that she is having a baby. I love that she is going to be a mom but will never, and I repeat never, ever wear mom jeans. She is much too stylish for that. I love that she will be mommy and Marc will be daddy. I love that she has already read multiple pregnancy books and had a long list of questions for her doctor on their first real visit. I love that she is going to have to clean up spit up and snot and puke and poop and smashed up food on his face and she can't comprehend it yet, but it will not even phase her. I love that she bought her crib bedding before she was even pregnant. I love that her baby is going to be the cutest, most stylish baby you've ever seen. I love that she is going to be able to feel her baby move soon and that is the most wonderful and amazing feeling ever. I love that she gets to feel that incredible feeling of love come over you when you see your baby for the first time and you think, that is my baby, and I really would throw myself in front of a bus for it. I love that she's already had cravings, and mood swings, and has already worn a bella band even though she's not even showing. I love that she's going to name the baby Erica if it's a girl. Okay, that's not true. But I do love that I get to go and help her when the baby comes. The only thing missing is mom. I can only imagine how happy my mom would have been to see Emily pregnant. We got to see a version of mom being excited when we saw our Auntie Leslie's reaction. You would have thought that she won the lottery... jumping up and down and screaming like a crazy woman. I can just see what mom's face would have looked like when she told her. I really can just picture it in my head and it's a beautiful thing. Yeah for babies. Yeah for being pregnant. Yeah for second trimesters when you are feeling great and you start showing. Being pregnant is a blessing and an adventure and pretty soon, you get to deal with this.
Okay, let's not think about that yet. :)





4 comments:
I am almost as excited as you are that Emily is pregnant and I love the way that you describe pregnancy and motherhood. I loved being pregnant too and there really is nothing like seeing and holding that little one for the first time. Congratulations Emily via Erica.
I'm So excited for Emily. There is just no way to express or understand the love a parent has until you have your own baby so I'm excited that she will get to experience that. It is the BEST experience life has to offer. I love having kids and even though you have to clean up poop and puke it is actually not that bad. For some reason your own kids poop doesn't bother you at all. Keep us updated. Congratulations Emily! I'm going to vote that it's a girl.
Well really with three dogs I have been cleaning up poo and puke for quite some time :) Thanks for the posting Erica- it really made me smile... and we totally should have gotten Leslie's reaction on tape. Priceless :)
Wow I didn't expect that. So awesome! Congrats from us too.
Post a Comment