Why do I love another set of the same pictures of Penny attacking Claira?!?! For some reason I just can't get enough.
And Claira really can't get enough of Penny. She "says" the same thing every time she sees her. I love it. I wish I knew how to write it so that it read as cute as it sounds, but that's impossible. Penny really is a great dog to Claira. Sometimes, I feel bad because I don't have enough time to dedicate to Penny, but I know that she feels loved.




We were on the go today. We went to have lunch with Kathy to give her Becky's magnet board (sorry, forgot Scotty's shorts so I'll have to mail them!), then I visited Summer and her cutie pie baby boy, Sawyer. Stopped by Nielsen's Frozen Custard for a treat for me and the kids. Then, I stopped by Carrie's house to let the kids play some more and she lovingly let me stay for dinner--oh how I love not having to cook when Than's gone! Then, by the time we came home, Pacen and Cam were zonked because of having no naps all day and went straight to bed in their clothes and all. So, that gave Claira and I a little time to check out the garden.


We picked out the first fruits of the garden.

It's not much, but hey...you have to start somewhere. And there's one baby zucchini but it was still too small to pick. It's too bad my tomatoes are still green or I'd have me some salsa going on. The sad news is that my cantaloupe and watermelon never grew. At all. Even after Virginia's magical fertilizer treatment. Confession--i've never fertilized my garden before, and guess what....plants grow much better when they have the nutrients they need. Go figure.

It's not much, but hey...you have to start somewhere. And there's one baby zucchini but it was still too small to pick. It's too bad my tomatoes are still green or I'd have me some salsa going on. The sad news is that my cantaloupe and watermelon never grew. At all. Even after Virginia's magical fertilizer treatment. Confession--i've never fertilized my garden before, and guess what....plants grow much better when they have the nutrients they need. Go figure.
Randomness of the day: Than is in Tennessee with Shauna. She cooked him some real southern grub tonight. He had a good chance to hang with the girls and just be Uncle Nano and fun brother. They're going to see the new Harry Potter. Jealousy.
My mom & Loren are home from England and are exhausted. I don't really know how it went but I should be able to talk to her soon. Now we get revved up for her Kidney surgery. Could lose the whole thing, or just part---that is the fun part about having cancer! She has a great attitude and I know she'll bounce back from this just like she has everything else. And then we're off to Maui in November!!!!!! Yippee.
We were singing Teach me to Walk in the Light in the car today and Camry put her hand up to her ear and said, "Ummm...I don't hear a boy singing!" Get used to it, Cam. :) Yesterday she also said as I tossed her a piece of licorice while we were waiting for our drive thru dinner (I know great parenting--we went to the pool at 4:30pm...no time to cook then!) so she says, "Mom, I'm not starving for candy, I'm starving for food!" A girl after my own heart...I love me some burritos.
And I now love So You Think You Can Dance. Okay, not love. But I'm getting more into it. Even though the judges are waaaaaaayyyyy too over dramatic for me....you think Paula is bad....she's got nothing on these dudes. Thank goodness for DVR.
I finally registered Pacen for Kindergarten today. Better late than never, right?? As we walk in I tell him that this is his new Kindergarten and he runs and jumps and says, "I'm so excited!" I need to borrow some of that enthusiasm.
Claira keeps crying on and off and I'm debating going up and getting her, or just going to bed myself since it's now midnight. I think my bed is calling.






3 comments:
I love the last pictures of Penny and Claira. The first one looks like she is standing guard over Claira and the last one of Penny is so cute with her tongue hanging out. Thanks for doing that board for me and now i just have to figure out where to hang it.
Dude... Penny seriously needs a haircut :) Aren't you coming out this way soon??
So what's up with Than in TN? I don't get it! Nice he could visit. Good luck with your mom's kidney surgery. Attitude is everything, huh?
Post a Comment