Friday, May 30, 2014

Open House 2014


Yesterday afternoon I took my kids to the book fair.  Maren and Gentry were being....well....Maren and Gentry.  Maren was pulling books off the shelves to look at them and Gentry was crying because she really wanted this 20 dollar princess book that I wasn't going to buy.  I knew then and there that there was no way that I was going to be able to do Open House with those guys in tow and so I started my search for a baby sitter.  I was coming up empty and was getting worried and I was getting tired from being sick and guess who sent me a text.....My visiting teacher!  Michelle is the BEST at offering help.  She said...Hey I heard you were sick this week.  Can I bring you dinner tonight at 5:30?  It's open house tonight.  Can I help you with that?  Are you kidding me?  Yes I need help tonight!  I had already made dinner because I had offered to take someone else dinner that day and had made mine already but I totally took her up on some help for Open House.  Tender mercies right there.  
I'm glad I got a chance to just focus on my school kids too.  They all were SOOOOOO excited to show me all of the stuff in their classrooms.  And it's difficult to do all three kids because they all wanted to be the first class and to see all of their friends but we managed pretty well.  

 Pacen in his cool kid outfit.  The girls looking cute as always. 


 First up....Kindergarten!  


 They made time capsules to document what changes they went through this year.  Claira has grown there inches this year and her handwriting is soooo much better.  She has grown a ton this year.  I'm so proud of her reading and what a good student she is.  



 I let her choose a few things to show me and promised to finish the list later and then we were off to Camry's 2nd grade classroom.  


Camry has LOVED this year in school.  Ms. Carter is the nicest ever and she feels very loved.
 Mom!  Put your camera away! 
This girl is so ready for third grade! 

Finally, we made it to Pacen's class.  Mrs. Worthington has been amazing for him.  He struggled in the beginning of the year but has really turned things around.  He's grown a lot this year and has become a better student.  Mrs. Worthington has helped a lot with that!  I love having all these fabulous teachers! 
Pacen was much more interested in seeing his friends than he was showing me his work.  :)  Fourth grade in california is so much fun.  You study missions and the gold rush and the donner party.  It's a super fun year.  I'm just kind of freaking out that next year is Pacen's last year in elementary school.  I'm so not ready for him to be in middle school.   I'm going to pretend that that isn't happening.  
The sky was really pretty on the way home.  
 Claira is very interested in my taking pictures of EVERYTHING which I obviously don't mind, but she insisted on me taking a picture of this CRAZY strawberry which was like three strawberries in one!  CA-RAZY!

No comments: