Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mother's Day. Best Day Ever.

 I wish Mother's Day would be every day of the year.  It is so so so so much fun to get so many cards and hugs and presents and meals cooked for you and naps and flowers and pictures.  I love it.  It helps that I have the best husband and kids ever to make it great for me.  
This year Than got me a laptop so that I can blog in a more comfortable spot.  I do miss blogging and I hate being trapped in the corner of our family room on the computer.  And Than is working on his all the time at night for work so I figure we can just be computer nerds next to each other.  He's the best gift giver.  
 Than made breakfast and dinner for me.  Breakfast was buckwheat crepes---savory--my fave--swiss and ham all warm and toasty.  It was sooooo yummy! 

 I tried to snap a good picture of each kid real quick before church and I did....except for Pacen.  That stinkin' boy snuck out of there just in time!  He is the cutest little boy ever.  
My girls are the cutest ever too.  



 Here is Than and I looking like we are going to prom together.  Note:  We never went to any dance together.  But he did take me on a date before we got engaged that was like Prom reenacted up at Bald Rock.  It was way better than going to any high school dance anyway. :)
 I really am so lucky to have all the beautiful, happy, healthy kids!  It's a miracle.  
 After church I was totally lazy.  I was tired from Relief Society.  I had to introduce our next activity which is a Read the whole book of Mormon this summer activity and I was nervous about how it would be received.  But I think it went over really well and everyone that I talked to at least was super excited about it.  I'm excited about it.  I love challenges like that because then I have a goal in place and can just go for it.  
I layed on our turf under the tree for awhile while Than cooked.  That was glorious.  I just laid there. And the kids laid with me.  This is what was going on on top of me at one moment.  
 So then of course we had to start taking some selfies.  




 Real life baby. 


And Gentry started crying and I can't remember what for.   
 After stuffing our faces with tacos and salad and tres leches cake....it was off for a walk to the Nature Area at the school.  The frogs and growing and we haven't seen them yet.  
 There's one in there!




Gorgeous, gorgeous day.  

Another Mother's Day thing I got to do was the Kindergarten Mother's Day Tea at the school.  Obviously, Claira was sooooooooo excited to have Mother's Day Tea and kept reminding me about it and asking how many days it was until Wednesday and saying, "And remember.....NO SIBLINGS!"  It's a very special thing to have mom all by yourself and it surely doesn't happen enough around here.  

They started out singing us three songs.  
 Best singer of the bunch, naturally.  
 What you shouldn't do is come directly from workout.  It makes you a little hot and sweaty.  
 It was a concern because she said, "You HAVE to drink the tea!"  Luckily there was herbal tea so we could have some too and Claira wouldn't feel like we had less of an experience. :)  And luckily, she didn't like it!  I'm not a big fan either.  Trying to be but herbal tea is just not that good.  
 We had to go around the room and share a story about our child.  I teared up because I was told about how during the first year of Claira's life, mom was in the hospital and she was on flights and in the car and in the hospital and hospice a lot and she was always happy.  The nurses and patients always loved seeing the big blue eyed happy baby and it was awesome having someone to take care of and to love on during that time.  I called her my therapy baby.  She really was a good form of therapy during that time.  And Mom died on September 7th and Claira's birthday is on September 9th and it's always a good reminder that life does go on and to celebrate life and be happy.  Claira really is a joy.  I just love her.  

 Being a Mom has it's challenges, obviously, but it is just so fun and so rewarding.  Example of a challenge:  Today when Gentry started throwing a fit because it wasn't fair that Camry was getting her own computer!  Note:  Camry was not getting her own computer.  She was saying how she is going to save her money for a tablet.  Basically the same thing. :)  
Rewarding:  Watching pacen read Harry Potter in bed until 11:30pm.  
Reading books with Maren and Gentry. 
Listening to Claira READ!  
Listening to Pacen and Camry play piano.  
Getting to watch Camry get baptized on Saturday!  It's going to be awesome.  
I love my job.  

2 comments:

Than Hancock said...

Yay for blogging again!

Ashley said...

I love you, Erica! You are an amazing mother and inspire me to keep plugging along. Wish we were still neighbors like when Claira was your therapy baby. She still has the most gorgeous blue eyes. And Camry getting baptized...Wow...Adam's getting baptized next weekend. Congratulations, Momma! You're fabulous.