Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Camry is baptized!

Saturday was a day that I wish we could just Do-Over exactly the same way because it was so perfect and so fun.  Camry's baptism day.  May 17, 2014.  
We decided to do her baptism in the morning because we had baseball games in the afternoon and I loved that.  We had a full house.  Walt, Becky and Scotty.  Shauna and Ben and their kids.  Kyle and Becca.  We had a lot of people to get ready but also a lot of help to get things ready for the BBQ afterwards.  
I had a friend of mine come over to do Camry's hair and that may have been the best decision of all time.  Her hair was so fantastic and I didn't have to worry about it at all.  And most of all, Camry felt special and that is the whole point of this day anyway.  
The work in progress....
The finished product!  It was so pretty and so interesting and it made changing a snap!  There was literally nothing to do but dry off and put her dress back on.  Amazing!
Here's my girl all ready to go.  




 Oh man I love this picture.  
 The light was bad so I went outside to take this picture and out of no where Than's cousin Mark comes up and bear hugs Than.  It was pretty funny.  Than had put an announcement on Facebook and luckily Mark saw it and headed our way.  I thought that was so sweet of them. 
 Daddy Daughter.  That's a special bond.  

I feel terrible because I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked to.  From now on, I'm going to assign someone to be my photographer for events like this.  It's too hard for me to take pictures and help to make sure things are running smoothly.  
Luckily, I have some friends who snuck in a few pictures at the baptism.  


 The baptism went like this.  
Opening Song:  When I am Baptized.  
Talk on Baptism and the Holy Ghost:  Herm (Camry's Great Grandpa)
Baptism by Than
Song:  If the Savior Stood Beside Me
Confirmaton
Welcome to Primary:  Krissy Kinear
Welcome to the Ward:  Bishop Johnson
It really was perfect!  We had a lot of friends there and a few of our non member friends too and it was just perfect.  

What is pathetic is that this is the only picture that I have of Camry and me!  What was I thinking?!?!?  I'm pretty sure I was thinking...this is one of the coolest days ever and lets just enjoy it.    It must have been waaaaaaaay deep in the subconscious somewhere.  
 Mark posted these pictures on Facebook and I'm so happy since I have such a lack of pictures.  
After the baptism, we had a little BBQ at the house.  Very simple.  Hamburgers/hot dogs/salad, watermelon.  Very simple but perfect for the day.  The weather was perfect.  Heavenly Father was shining his love right down on us.  

After the BBQ, Pacen had a game. And this game turned out to be pretty awesome too.  
Unfortunately we missed his first at bat. And his second at bat he struck out....

 ...which can be very stressful when the stands are flu of JHancock's.  There may have been some tears.  But, like we learned from Bishop Sherwood, It's not how you start, but how you finish.  
 His second at bat he got on...stole third.....and then stole home and slid into home and was safe!  First time for that all season!
 What a relief!  

In the mean time, Maren was playing with garbage and eating food off of the ground.  (Yes, it's disgusting!)  Kyle was contemplating their big move to TEXAS!
 We watched more baseball.


 Kaylee was working so hard on losing her tooth!  She could twist and twist and that thing was not coming out! 




 Still nothing. 
 Pacen is always so sweet when someone gets hurt. 
 Then some magic happened in the last inning.  They were up by three and they put Pacen into pitch.  They just needed three outs and they won.  There was a hit and a couple errors and they scored two runs and there was a runner on third with one out.  The coach came out and gave them a little pow wow and told them to look at the runner at third, if he's going, get him out but make sure you get an out at first if there isn't time for the runner on third.  
Low and behold, the ball is hit right to Pacen!  And he throws it home.....the runner slides.....and Brady puts on the tag!  It was pretty magical.  

 Two outs.  And Pacen strikes out the last batter!  Woohoo!  
I was totally expecting him to jump up and down and be excited but he was very professional about it. That's our Pacen. 


Victory!!!!   I have to admit....watching your kid play great in a game is so much fun!  And stressful.  You just wish you could go out there and play it for them so they don't have to worry.  

And here's a random picture of Shauna and Ben since they were all matchy matchy.  

Finally after church on Sunday we got a group photo.  


 Unfortunatley, they played God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again as the closing song and it struck a chord with Becca obviously since she is moving away for the first time.  It is going to be so sad with her in Texas.  But awesome for them.  It'll be one of those adventures that shapes their life I think.  
 Grandma, Great Grandma and Grand Daughter.  
 I guess I can get in a picture even though I'm only in the family through marriage.  :) 

 Don't you see why I'd want to replay that  day over an over??!?!  

I forgot that we got a little pool time Saturday night.  

 I was trying to get a cute picture of Maren's butt.  This is all her.  No diaper.  She's working it.  

Kyle got a "present" from Carolyn.  He's the only one that could give it the love it deserves.  

 Carolyn is always so so so good to my kids.  They are lucky to have a great grandma.  And she made sure to give everyone a stick of gum during church.  That is what great grandmas are for! 
 The fun never stops at the Hancock's.  We had Mission Prep class at our house Sunday night.  We only had to host so it was no biggie.  But it was the best turn out yet!  
 Than has done an amazing job with the young men's program.  He works hard and loves those kids and it's really showing.  

No comments: