Friday, March 21st & 22nd
Four days after I got back from China, Pacen had a special 4th grade field trip to Columbia, CA, an old Gold Rush town. It's a whole family, overnight event which was super fun. We headed out early Friday morning (Than had just gotten back from China like 36 hours before! Yikes! He's a trooper.) and the drive was so beautiful. California in the spring is pretty amazing, even with our lack of rain. Just green hills for days and wildflowers and green oak trees. It was worth going out there for the drive alone. So pretty. I really was so happy that we would have two days together without any distractions, just us having fun together.
The program is really cool. The town is so cute and the kids loved it. We were with our assigned group and went around to the different stations.
This is the Blacksmith.
This little turkey was quite fun. Just walking around EVERYWHERE and of course, didn't have any shoes on and was gross and disgusting in minutes.
Mrs. Worthington is Pacen's teacher and she has been soooo good to him. I am really sad that this year is ending and we are not going to have her working with him anymore. She just really cares (very cliche for a teacher, i know) but I know works a little harder with Pacen and he needs it. I love when people work hard for my kids. I need all the help I can get.
Sasparilla! The kids just wanted to go to the candy store the whole time.
Drinking out of a bottle is much more fun than out of a can. And more expensive too. :)
Bowling! Of course, I won. :) And it wasn't until we were finished that we realized that the rail on the right was the ball return. Whoops!
He's pretty much the coolest kid around town.
Crafts! It's a good thing that Than was around. He's a good helper.
Oh man, she's cute.
Daddy and baby moments. The sweetest.
And it's really sweet when they wipe snot all over you.
hahahahahaha!
The schoolhouse. This teacher was mean! Pacen wouldn't dare do anything wrong or answer a question.
I love time with just me and the boy. It doesn't happen very often. We got a few minutes to chat tonight and yesterday we pitched a little. There certainly isn't very much time for one on one things very often and so we have to make use of what little time we have.
Oh my gosh if I never see another giant jaw breaker it will be too soon! This is what Pacen had been talking about all year and the magical day finally arrived! His very own giant-nasty-no-good-jaw- breaker!
Yep, everyone got them. We're really good parents.
Horse drawn Carriage ride!
Isn't she pretty?
Food all over her face but all she wants is more ice cream. What are you gonna do??
We got to see Pacen and all the girls he loves this trip. That was strange. And really, all the girls love Pacen and it's kind of cute but kind of weird and kind of like…he's little! Stop being weird and just go play in the dirt or something.
He's working it with the baby. Girls love a dude who loves babies. He's a smart one. :)
Not everyone has little siblings so it was fun to see all the kids have fun with our kids. And Gentry and Claira just ate it up being the center of attention. Win win.
And Camry was as helpful as ever. I couldn't live without her.
And neither could Maren.
That's a face of pure joy right there. This is our neighbor, Lexi. Her older sister is our most used babysitter. We are super lucky to have good families around us. It's like our own little non-mormon Utah.
Even Maren got in on the jaw breaker action. Right in the middle of the road, too. We're good parents.
Just chillin'. The gold rush is really cool to learn about. I love California history!
Maren is the cutest walker around. She takes this big monster steps and wobbles back and forth. I love it.
Gold Panning!
Maren knew she needed a bath in the worst way. :)
And she had surprisingly good technique.
Super fun trip. I don't know if we will all go every time we have a 4th grader, but I'm glad we all went this time. I love when our family is together.
























1 comment:
It was sad when I realized my kid's 4th grade state history would not include the gold rush. I loved the gold rush! We did read a boo that I read in the 4th grade called By the Great Horn Spoon by Sid Fleichman. You should get it if you haven't read it. The girls loved it and it is actually a boy book.
Post a Comment