Tuesday, August 07, 2012

What if....

Camry lives in the world of "What if..." these days.  For the past couple weeks or so he imagination is running wild with what if situations and they just crack me up.  My problem is that I don't have a fun response for them most of the time.  I usually say, "Well that would be crazy!" Or "Now that wouldn't make much sense!"  Here are a few of the recent examples that I can remember.  Seriously there are like three what if scenarios a day and they are all so strange it's hard to keep track.

** "What if everything was black except for our faces and you couldn't see anything because it would be so dark.  Oh, and not food because that would taste weird."

** "What if your eyelashes could tell us if the baby was a boy or a girl and if you blink once then it's a boy and if you blink three times then it's a girl and that would be weird because you would be blinking all the time."

** "What if someone really wanted a pet shark but their mom said no but they wanted it anyway and it just appeared and it had a leash on it?"

** "What if you had bows on your face instead of eyes?  That would be weird, right?  Because then you couldn't see as well."

** "What if someone wanted a zebra for a pet?" Me:  That probably can't happen because it's illegal to have zebras for pets.  "Well, what if they wanted it and got it anyway and it was their pet and it slept in their bed?  That would be uncomfortable, huh?"

I really wish I could remember more of them but I can't.  I need to write down more.  She's just so full of imagination these days.  Claira is also creating as well.  She made a game that is Olympics-esque.  It's called Star Night and these are the rules....as far as I can tell even though I've been explained the rules and even tried to play but the rules change on a regular basis.

You throw a ping pong ball and then your roll to it.  When you get to the ball you kick it and then go to the light switch and turn on and off the light a couple times and then you roll back to the ball, kick it again and then dance all the way to the couch.  Then Claira scores you.  Pacen got 35,000.  And Camry got 12.  I didn't see the fairness in that because they both performed soundly. :)

I love these little brains.





Our weekend was pretty great.  It started out with a fun surprise of getting to go to the play "War Horse".
Than was making some calls for Young Mens and one thing turned to another and this older couple in our ward invited us to go with them and it was pretty awesome.  Than and I love going to musicals but we have never been to a play and it was funny because Than and I were just talking about that and we were wondering if we would like it without music.  And this one was pretty amazing.  I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the horse puppet but at some points you really forgot that the horse wasn't real.  It was pretty fantastic.  Here's a pic of what the horses look like on stage....no, I didn't not take a picture with a flash like the lady did next to us.  Seriously people...just take it off the internet like normal people. :)  The actors rode the horses and they made horse sounds.  It was cool.  I think my mom would have loved it. 


Saturday was conference meet.  And swimming is officially over!  Well, tonight is the awards ceremony so it's really over tonight.  I had too many things to carry so I didn't bring my camera but I recorded all their races so Than could watch because he had to go to the funeral so I'll have to upload them sometime.  They both got their best times in an event and had a super fun day.  They really love just playing with all the friends. 
I did remember Than posted this pic on instagram.  This is Maddie and Gentry.  Maddie was in heaven with Gentry sleeping on her, but she had to go warm up so it didn't get to last long.  It is great to have older kids dote on your kids.  It makes them feel special and the older kids feel special too having a little  kid love them.  It's a win win.  

Sunday was a good Sunday.  We had to pull together a sunbeam lesson because we had a hiccup with our scheduling and there was some teacher confusion but the kids did great.  I had a great moment because one mom was telling me that her kids are loving our class and really learning.  Our lesson was on saying sorry the other week and during the week her twins were fighting and the mom had to talk to them and one of them said in a really sweet voice, "I'm sorry, mom."  And she was like, Where did that come from?  And the girl said, "Well we learned about saying sorry in sunbeams."  Oh melt my heart!  They actually do listen and learn from time to time! 
Than had his first Missionary Prep class as inspired by Corry.  And it was awesome!  They had a good turn out for summer and it being the first one and the kids really liked it.  Than just had a specific message that he shared surrounded by mission stories and fixed them some Taiwanese food and it was a hit!  And the kids loved having all the youth over.  They think it's the coolest thing ever.  It snuck downstairs to take a few pics and Than wasn't very happy about it but you should document these things. 
Than is as hand-talker in case you can't tell. 

Yesterday was a great day.  We rode bikes and I worked out and cleaned and Pacen had his first day of soccer practice.  We ended the day with ice cream in the backyard.   A pretty perfect day if you ask me.  Today we are off to Stinson Beach!!!  Woohoo!!!  I have been dying to go to the beach all summer and  it just hasn't happened so today is the day.  Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Merfy said...

Yeah for Mission Prep! Glad it worked out! I love all the real life pictures even if it drives my family crazy!

Emily said...

Erin told me about Claira's new game, and we were both talking about how imaginative and creative your kids are. Cam's "what if" scenarios are cracking me up. You should definitely start writing these things down.

Mrs. Hislop said...

I love the stories about Camry, especially the idea of a pet shark appearing, complete with a leash.