Wednesday, August 15, 2012

San Fran.

Before I write about last week, I should write about what we did yesterday.  I had a great plan of going school shopping and getting that all out of the way.  Then I got a text from Cari saying that we should go to the 1$ showing of Charlotte's Web at 10.  So, of course I was like, Sure!  I can do that and then go shopping and I get to be productive and do something fun for the kids.  The movie was packed...lots of moms (and nannies in the WC) getting in last minute fun before school starts....Gentry did okay.  We  did have to go out and walk around for a bit in the middle.  The kids loved it although Pacen just can't handle when movies are not exactly like the book.  I said, "Did you like it?"  And he says, "Yeah, but the beginning really isn't like that.  It doesn't..." and rattles off all the things that aren't just like the book.  Don't worry, Pacen, you will be continually disappointed for most of your life with books turned movies. :)
Then we ended up going out to lunch since it was Ethan's birthday.  We went to the Habit and it was packed and we couldn't find a table so all 9 of us (7 kids) are all just standing around and I'm trying to get tables from people that are leaving and TWICE the tables were taken right from me.  One lady snuck in ahead of me while someone was leaving and I say to her, Hey, we have all these kids can we have this booth?  She was there with one other person.  She looks at me and says, "Well if I can't sit here then I have to sit in the sun and I have to go back to work."  Really?!?!  There are two of you and 9 of us and you won't go sit in a place for two people (which there was available in the store) you have to take the entire booth!  RUDE!!!  And then the other lady hadn't even ordered yet and told me that if I was planning on waiting for this booth it's already taken because she's waiting for it.  She hadn't even ordered and I was sitting there with all of our food!  Seriously people.  And she was just two people too.  I don't think people need to bend over backwards for me and I realize that it's my choice to have kids and take them into public places but I just thought it was common courtesy to let someone have a bigger seat since they have a bigger party with kids and we already had our food and were just waiting there for a seat.  We did eventually get a seat but I really haven't been that mad in a long time.  I really wanted to tell them how rude they were but I didn't. Or maybe I just wanted to throw fries at them.  But again, I refrained.  
Anyway, lunch turned into swimming and hanging out at Cari's house until 6pm.  That means that I didn't do anything productive but we had a super fun day.  


But last Wednesday, we had a treat and Rian came into town for just one day and it was awesome because I've been wanting to do stuff in the city with the kids and just don't make it down there very often.  We met at Union Square and did some shopping.  We went to Anthropologie and I we found some sweeeeeet deals.  I got the cutest white trench for 70 bucks when it was originally $268!  And Rian found some dresses....one she got for 50 bucks originally priced at like $278.  Isn't that awesome!!
This was us after our purchases.  Even the kids were happy about it. :)
Then we got some pretzels and hotdogs and parked it for awhile.  The weather was amazing that day.  Not too hot and not too cold.  I did pack the jackets and blankets in the stroller just in case but we never needed them.

Here I am with all the kiddos being super brave in the big city.
Pacen was just being funny in his thug Jimmer hat.
Rian and me.  You better get used to seeing pictures of us because we are going to Ireland together!  It's a totally crazy last minute thing that Than has to go to Ireland in September and I'm going too!!!  And luckily, Rian was already planning on being there with Sid so we can go explore Ireland together.  Cant' wait!!!!
Pacen likes to continually snap pictures and I like to make ugly faces at him.  This is what we get. And who doesn't want to see it in an extra large size??
This picture makes me laugh just because it must be what I look like to everyone else.  We've had that stroller forever...it was a hand-me-down from a friend in Michigan who used it with her two boys first.  But for some reason, even though its ugly and disgusting and a little embarrassing, I just can't seem to replace it.  And i've tried but I just can't pull the trigger.  I really want it to just break so I can't use it anymore but it just keeps on going.  It's the energizer bunny of double strollers.  It's been everywhere from New York to Florida and LA.  Just don't look too close.  It is really disgusting! :)
 From there we headed off to Crissy Field.  I had never been there before but had heard about it.  The wind went crazy there right on the water!  But it was so pretty looking at the Golden Gate. 

Then we just ran around and explored a bit. 
And played some hide and seek. Gentry was a great seeker. 


We chilled on the little beach for a bit and just soaked up the sun.
I love this one. 
 Anybody want some cheerios???  They were successfully contaminated by the time Gentry got to them. 
 And a boat came in!  They are so big and I did not know that those containers sometimes don't make it all the way from China and can just fall off in the ocean.  Rian gave me all of her knowledge. 
 And then it was time to leave.  What a view from both sides. 


 We got some dinner at the fabulous House of NanKing and then finished off the day with my favorite thing in SF...the Nob Hill Chill!  
 We are lucky to have been friends with these two for so long. 
A little sister love in front of the breastfeeding mermaid.  
This little monkey was being crazy in the ghiradelli ice cream shop waving and getting other people's attention.  She won over the heart of this little 14 year old girl that had to come over to our side to say goodbye to her new friend.  She is the most friendly baby.  

And that was our day in SF.  So much fun. So glad we went into the city that day.  

6 comments:

Than Hancock said...

Wow what a fun day, where are all the pictures of Than? Oh yeah, thats right, he was WORKING! Working so someone could spend a ridiculous amount of money on something from anthropologie! :) $70 down from $268 still sounds expensive to me.

I love you!

Tonya said...

I'm cracking up at you Than! I think Erica deserves that trench just for taking four kids to the city.

Also, you totally should have thrown the fries.

And one more thing, please adopt me.

Emily said...

So much fun!! And Gentry looks adorable in her new TEA outfit!

Also, IRELAND??? I am so jealous!

Anonymous said...

yeah...pretty much your life just makes me depressed about my life. i love the pictures. what cute grandkid i have. ireland..how fun. i have laughed about Than's comment most of the day and his comment about Pacen's outfit...which i wish you would post on facebook or on here so i can get a better look at it. also, your friend Rian is really cute. and gentry is cute and funny and sassy.

Anonymous said...

yeah...pretty much your life just makes me depressed about my life. i love the pictures. what cute grandkid i have. ireland..how fun. i have laughed about Than's comment most of the day and his comment about Pacen's outfit...which i wish you would post on facebook or on here so i can get a better look at it. also, your friend Rian is really cute. and gentry is cute and funny and sassy.

Rian Krommenhoek said...

It was a fantastic day. Can't wait for Ireland!!! So glad you caught me taking a huge bite out of my Union Square hot dog. So funny. See you soon!