Last week I was determined to do as many fun things as we possibly could since summer is rapidly coming to an end and that makes me sad. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do, but I knew we'd do something. First thing on the list, STINSON!!! I love that beach. I don't even mind the 9 miles of windy roads to get there. A friend, however, just told me that she calls it "shark beach" because of all the great white sitings. WHAT??!?!?!? I'll pretend like I didn't hear that. We hardly get in the water anyway. :) I conned a few of my friends into going with me and we had the best beach day. The weather was perfect and we had a great day. I forgot my camera sitting on the counter...sad. So all we have are a few terrible phone pics.
Our set up. 11 kids, 3 moms. That's pretty even, right?
Somewhere out there Kristin is boogie boarding with Emma and Cooper. And trying to stay away from the sharks.
Here comes Gentry! She is just a hot mess at the beach.
Babies and Sand...a truly magical combination!
Sunbathing beauties. Luckily for us, Michelle brought the baby powder so we could get the sand off of their covered little bodies. Camry made me take the sand off her feet every time she came in from the water. She is so much like me. Who wants to sit there with uncomfortable sand all over their feet when you could just rub it off with some baby powder?!?! It's a no brainer. And annoying. :)
Luckily Pacen had Coop to play with. They had tons of fun digging, playing football and baseball, and getting brave in the water.
But lets be honest here for a minute, the real reason you drive all the way to Stinson is for the ice cream! I love little shacks like this one and it does not disappoint. However, I did have to explain to Camry why we were not going to put sprinkles on our $2.50 soft serve cone. 50 cents per cone times 5 cones equals $2.50 of sprinkles. Not worth it to mom, but really worth it to kids. No sprinkles around here, but a brilliant way to get people to spend even more money.
This picture has nothing to do with my post, but it got uploaded in the bunch. Yes, this is Gentry who was playing in my car and got stuck upside down! It was really sad, but I couldn't free her until I took a picture. I'm a mean, mean mom.












4 comments:
I didn't realize that Than wasn't going on this trip. You are one brave lady (and the other moms are, too).
My friend who has two kids was telling me how she and her other mom friends took the kids to the beach. She was saying how it was 10 kids and 4 moms like it was a huge shocking thing. I played along like it was an amazing feat but thought how in the mormon world that is nothing. That's actually pretty good numbers and your post is just proof of it because it was 11 and 3. And today she texted while i was at the movies and needed me to watch her kids. She dropped her kids off with me and by that point I had 9 kids at the movie by myself. Luckily it was just a movie and Blake will sit through anything as long as he can eat.
I have never thought that Gentry looks like your other girls but upside down in the car I can see a resemblance to Claira. Weird that I would notice that?
no, not weird because Kathy called me yesterday and said the exact same thing!!! That is funny you thought the same thing too.
Post a Comment