Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Maui No Ka Oi!!!


That means Maui is the best and it really is. We are IN LOVE with Maui and really need to find some people to invest with us so that we can have a place to go whenever we find a good deal on tickets. We really enjoyed our time on Oahu, but Maui is just so much more relaxed and it our type of Hawaii. Too busy and too many people on Oahu and just more aloha on Maui for us. We got into Maui early Sunday morning, got our rental car and headed to the Kihei side of Maui because we have never been over there. We found Secret Beach and Big Beach and spent the morning reading and napping and swimming.
Secret Beach....

Big Beach....

Sunday was a great day. We checked into our sweet condo properly named "A Little Slice of Heaven." If you ever want to rent it, I'll give you my cousin's number. It really is a perfect little place for just the two of you. Right on the water. Everything you need. Turtles swimming outside your door. The perfect sunset spot. You can see Molokai and Lanai. It's really great. We went kayaking, had some yummy food and lava flows of course, took a nap on a hammock in Kaanapali, enjoyed the sunset. We watched the sunset for a long time and it just kept getting better. It was a great day.




Monday was my tennis with Leslie while Than had his snorkel trip. I think I blogged that day. We went to Napili...our favorite place...and did the walk up towards the Ritz Carlton. Oh man, I love that place. Not a bad place to work either. :)
Ah!!!! That view is killing me right now!

Tuesday was my tennis lesson and it was awesome! I really love playing tennis and I'd love to find time to be on a team or something. At least play more often. It's going to be one of my new years resolutions. Than had his scuba trip to the Lanai Cathedrals and he is really obsessed with it now. To say he's hooked is an understatement. Anyone certified that can go with him!?!?!? I just don't think I could hack it. What else did we do??? I think we had our anniversary dinner that night at Roy's. It's a maui must! I love that we've been married for TEN WHOLE YEARS!!! It was fun to do our annual analysis of the best and worst things that we've done and what we have planned for the next years. We have done some pretty awesome things and done a lot of the normal things which we love just as much. We have four kids. That is crazy. And they are really awesome kids. Like really awesome. And just fun. I had so much fun with them today. I was playing the mean step mother while the girls, even Gentry, were all dressed up like princesses. We have a great life. And Than and I make a great team.

Wednesday was Lanai. Oh, lanai. We were supposed to get on the 6:45 ferry but both Leslie and us missed it. WHAT?!?!?! That was lame but it all worked out. Who wouldn't want to spend all of their time here? We love it there.

On the ferry looking back at those west maui mountains....

We even saw a whale!!!! Well, he was far away, but we did see him and a friend. We are taking our kids back to Maui in two years to see the whales. I can't wait. They are going to love it.



We saw turkeys at the hotel!

And this is what the locals were barbecuing!!!! Now that is awesome and disgusting all at the same time. :)

The last day was great. Than got a free sail when he was scuba diving and so we did that on our last afternoon. We saw turtles, but no whales. :(

And I really don't think that there is a better place to check your cougar board!

We spent our last evening with Leslie before our red eye home. Maui knew to send us off with a great sunset!
Oh, maui really is the best. I highly recommend saving all your pennies and going out there. We'll tell you all our favorite places. You won't be disappointed!
So yes, Happy Ten year anniversary to us. It was the perfect way to spend time together. And I keep saying it, but it really did feel like time just slowed down for us and we could do anything and everything that we wanted to. It was a perfect amount of time and the kids survived...thank you Becca!!! We owe here when she has four kids and needs a vacation!

3 comments:

Mrs. Hislop said...

Thanks for the mini-vacay! We have only been to Kauai before . . . we'll have to try Maui out some day.

I LOVE YOUR "THANK YOU, MOOD" SHIRT!!!!

Tonya said...

Well, Maui sounds like my kinda place. Happy anniversary you guys! Ten years is pretty awesome!

Emily said...

Jealous. Just super-jealous.