That has been my life this week. Cleaning. Then packing. Then cleaning. Then packing. Sound like fun? It actually is kind of fun going through all your stuff and throwing things away. I've been proud of us and how much stuff we've gotten rid of. It's funny to think that last year I thought it was important enough to move it 800 miles and now I don't think it's important enough to move down the street. We found a new home for our piano. That is the piano that mom got for Than back when we were first married. The school was getting rid of it and so she thought, Hey, why not get it for Than?!?! And so she did and had Erin and Ken drive it up for her when they came out to visit. She was so great.
But now it has a new home and they were so excited about it. I love giving people things. I hope they love it. I also put out our toddler bed on the side of the road with a free sign and it was gone in like 30 minutes. In my head I have this idea of someone just really needing a bed and then seeing it and being so excited because it was just what they needed. But probably it was someone who was like, Hey I could sell that for money on craigslist! Either way, I hope I made someones day. They made mine for taking it away for me! It's a win win. I'm taking the night off (or at least a few hours of the evening!) to go on a little date with Than. On Tuesday he leaves me for two weeks! First stop New York, then Taiwan, then China. Ouch, that one's going to hurt. We are going to be living in a not finished house, with only one working bathroom with only a shower (And Claira HATES showers!) and absolutely no kitchen. What were we thinking again? It's going to be a fun filled two weeks with lots of craziness and park visits and taco bell. Some people in my ward have offered to feed us which is totally awesome. And this weekend is General Conference which is totally needed to get me all ramped up for the next month or so of craziness. I LOVE conference and can't wait to veg in front of the tv and soak it all in. You know, as much soaking you can do with your four kids all around. Bring it on!


6 comments:
giving things away for free is really fun. It just makes their day to get something free. Even if they resale it I'm sure they were on the phone calling someone saying "can you believe I got this for FREE??" And then when they resale it from money they will be super excited because it will be date money or much needed money for kids clothes. Either way they will think they scored.
I love that even when Than is moving a piano, he is still in flip-flops.
Yikes! Good luck with the move. You are amazing!
ahh moving.... gotta love getting rid of things! when we bought our house and moved in...all we had was a toilet....no tub, and NO kitchen! yuck. good luck with the move and enjoy conference! I'm jealous about that one...we have to wait to get the dvds and then watch them at church. maybe we'll catch a bit online this weekend.
You can do it! Although I'm sure it won't all be pleasant, it will definitely be memorable. That's what I keep telling myself about living in a travel trailer inside a shop, although we are lucky enough to have a tub for the babies and a stove. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the remodel. By the way, houzz.com is totally amazing.
I clearly remember Than saying how glad he was that it wasn't him who was mvoing and having a baby on the same day. I think that your story is worse. No kitchen? You poor soul! Look at it this way: it can only get better. I was just so happy not to be pregnant anymore I didn't care! Is Than going to Web 2.0 in NYC? That's what David is doing there next week. Love you!
Post a Comment