Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More summer catch up.....CAMPING!!!!!


The last part of august, between my Utah trip, my San Diego trip and school starting we fit in one overnight camping trip with the Jackson's. We actually planned it 6 months in advance because that is just how crazy it is to get a spot sometimes out here and I'm sure glad we did because it was so much fun! It was a spot in Santa Cruz and the campsite was great, but the beach left something to be desired. Santa Cruz has great beaches, but this one was just okay. But we got there and played and the kids rode bikes and we went to the beach and I have to brag because I got the tent set up all by myself! I said, "If Than can put this together by himself in the dark, I can do it!" And it really wasn't that hard. And I had my little man helper, Pacen. He's so great to have around. Than had to work later so he just met us that night. We had a yummy dinner, delicious cobbler, Michael brought his guitar and we sang around the fire...everything from Down by the bay to Mr. Big and it was fantastic. Camping is seriously the best family activity ever! Here it is in a few pics.

Hanging at the beach.
The men building the fire. That's a boys job in my book.

Michael was less than thrilled when we started walking down the stairs to the beach with the bikes and then he had to carry them back up. Sometimes you just go with it without any real plan, you know?? Sometimes it works, other times it's a fail. This was somewhere in the middle only because I didn't have to carry a bike up a large flight of stairs. :)
Campfire time! Of course we had to do a skit.


Our little beach hike in the morning. Don't we look so pretty all camped out?!?!?
The whole gang & the Jacksons.

Who's ready to go again?!?!?

No comments: