Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Proud Mama.

Tonight was the swimming awards banquet. Swimming is over! I have to admit that it was a lot more fun that I had planned on. It was awesome to see the kids improve and have fun. It was fun to hang out with the other families and get to know more people in our community. All around good experience.
The kids were very excited about their medals.
But what was the best surprise is that both of the kids earned special coaches awards! It's a pretty big deal in the Walnut Heights swimming world. They choose four boys and four girls in each age group and Camry earned the Most Improved award and Pacen earned the Coaches award. They said that Camry worked so hard and at the beginning of the year could barely swim a stroke and then she was able to keep up with (and even beat! I added that.) everyone at the end of the year. They said that Pacen always came to practice with a smile on his face, that he was always quiet, that he listened, always raised his hand, worked hard and had a very excited attitude. I was so proud of them! And they both were very excited for their special towels. Camry is becoming a social butterfly and was sitting with a bunch of friends and went up with a shy smile. Pacen ran up there and I just wish I had the video camera. Or even my real camera. I wasn't expecting them to get anything. But he had the biggest grin on his face and you could tell he was just happy.
I am one proud mama! Daddy was pretty proud, too. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, i remember those days. we really did enjoy swimming as a family and i was always a little sad/happy when it was over. great jobs guys. this is one proud grammy too.

Emily said...

We are so proud of them!! Great job Camry and Pacen!!

Mrs. Hislop said...

Cute! It's so cute that their awards are actually functional! Good thinking, coaches.