Sunday, April 03, 2011

Happy Birthday, Cam!

My baby girl is 5 today! She has been talking about her birthday for at least the past month and is so excited to finally be five. Here are some of her favorite things:

Favorite color: pink and purple
Favorite TV show: Strawberry Shortcake
Favorite Book: Ariel 2 (the one with Melody)
Favorite Toy: Princess Celestia (from My Little Pony)
Favorite thing to do: play with daddy and Claira (she's doing that as I type and ask her questions!)
What do you want to be when you grow up: a mom
Favorite song: My Little Pony (What?!?!? Too much TV.)
Favorite sport: Tennis (I really want to put her in tennis soon.) Now she says soccer is her favorite too.
Favorite person: Daddy and Gentry (Than just said, "What about mommy?" She rolls her eyes and says, "Ooooookaaay. I like mom too.")
What are you looking most forward to in Kindergarten: Recess.
What is your favorite part of church: Going to Primary.
Favorite Animal: Baby Lion.
Favorite Movie: Cinderella
Favorite Primary Song: A long time ago in a beautiful place.
Favorite Scripture Story: Nephi
Favorite place to visit: Erin's house (how appropriate....we are here right now.)
Favorite treat: A brownie.

I love my Camry. She has the most fun personality. She loves to make believe and dance and sing and be girly and wear dresses and makeup and paint her toenails but also loves to play star wars and fight games and sports. She is very curious and always asks to understand something she doesn't. She has an unbelievable memory. She loves to help cook. She is kind to others most of the time. She gives great hugs and loves to be held even though she is getting a little too big for me to hold these days. For her birthday yesterday, I let her go to Nordstrom and pick out her own shoes. Anytime that I have been in there she'll pick up a shoe and say, "Mom, this one is pretty, isn't it?" And I'll say, "Yeah, but it's too expensive." So, yesterday, we went to the flagship store here in Seattle and I let her pick out whichever one she liked. She got to try on a few of them and she chose really shiny, black ballet flats with shiny jewels on the toe and she was so proud of them and is very protective of them. I told her how special they are and how she needs to take special care of them and she is obeying every word. But, I may be creating a shopping monster. That's okay, what mom doesn't want a shopping partner?!!?
I love you, Cram-a-lam-a-ding-dong, Crammy, Cramberry, Cam, Cam-Cam, Camry-girl. You are my sweet little girl and you are beautiful...and smart. (That's for your grandma Linda.)

2 comments:

Emily said...

What??!! Our house is the best place to visit... whatever Camry. :)

And I tell Roman all the time that he is very handsome AND smart just for mom.

Anonymous said...

yeah for camry...except for the part where she said that her favorite place to visit is erin's house....what's up with that cam? and seriously, she bought shoes at nordstroms????? love, love, that girl though. happy birthday cammers.