We had some visitors this weekend and so this is what I spent my afternoon cleaning. Fun, huh? This room is much too inviting for dumping toys. But, even with all this mess, Claira could still find a spot to read a book.
Kaylee, Olive, and Will came to visit Thursday night and just left this morning. Becky, Scotty, and Walt came to visit us on Saturday and spent the day with us sitting and staring at our pretty Gentry. We also watched BYU lose miserably and ate our weight in ice cream, chips and salsa, and popcorn. The kids played and played and played and played. They just have fun together minus the times when Scotty gets mad at Pacen for watching the BYU game. Poor little guy only has one day to play with Pacen but Pacen is a good BYU fan and had to root for his team. And you might not believe it, but Scotty is so sweet with babies. He loved to hold Gentry and was super soft with her. We had a great Saturday just lying around.



This is what Gentry looked like on Saturday. She wanted to have a fashion show for Grammy so she pooped through three different outfits just for her! She looks old in that first picture. You know, old for a newborn. Kaylee was trying to get her to smile. But you know how babies are....bring over the camera and it's over.

This picture wasn't taken over the weekend, but it's just so cute! Look at Pacen surrounded by all those girls!

Than is on a plane even as I type coming home to us. Yippee! I'm listening through the monitor to Pacen, Camry and Claira talking on my bed. They all sleep with me when Than is gone and it's fun, but it doesn't always make for an early bed time. I started to read Charlotte's web to them tonight as they were lying in bed. Obviously, Claira could care less but Pacen and Camry were so into it. I wasn't sure if they'd be able to comprehend what I was reading but anytime I asked them what was going on, they knew. One of my favorite childhood memories is my mom reading to us. One summer when I think I was in the 8th grade maybe, she read Jurassic Park to me. I really don't know how that came about, but every night she'd read some and it was so fun. And when the movie came out, I realized that she had been pronouncing Velociraptor wrong the whole time. Oh well. So, we'll see how far we get on that one.
Tonight I did a little FHE on keeping the Sabbath day holy since Halloween falls on a Sunday this year. I thought the kids would be all sad and throw a fit (probably since that is what I would have done if someone would have told me I wouldn't be able to trick or treat!) but they didn't. We just talked about why we do what we do and they were completely okay with it. The funny part came when I was asking them what we do get to do on Sundays and Pacen says, "We get to watch BYU play on Sundays." And I said, "BYU doesn't play on Sundays." "Well, sometimes they do." "No they don't." "One time they did." "No they didn't." "Well, Austin Collie plays on Sunday." Ahhh, yes. You got me there. Austin Collie does play on Sunday and we do watch him. That Pacen. He cracks me up.
So now I think life is going to slow down a bit. We don't have any planned visitors for a while and Than will be home and life will be normal. I'm a fan of normal. I'm going to be watching my Giants play baseball this week and hopefully win. My goal is to organize my little pantry thing because it is just a big fat mess. I have a couple birthday gift cards to spend! This week is going to be good.

See...I may have spent the entire day in my pajamas but I did do something productive today. :)




5 comments:
And let's not forget that sometimes Max Hall plays on Sundays now, too. :) That kid cracks me up.
And I totally remember mom reading Jurassic Park to us and realizing that the book was WAY better than the movie- surprise surprise- but I don't remember how she pronounced velociraptor.
She really is soooo cute. Im sure Pacen will be such a protective older brother, those poor girls wont date till they are 30.
Great minds think alike. I just cleaned up our toy room that resembled your pictures. I must say I was being selfish and locked the room up this morning when friends were over cause I couldn't see the room go to shambles just a couple hours after cleaning it. Good thing Kamden's room is full of toys and they still complained about the locked room.....
In Cali do they all still trick or treat on Sundays.....does anyone do it on Saturday like they do here in Utah?
What cute grandkids I have!!!
Oh, Gentry is already getting bigger! Esp. in that picture with Scotty. :( sorry, sure you don't need a reminder. She is such a beautiful girl. I can't tell who she looks like yet either, she seems a little different from both your girls!
Post a Comment