Sunday, June 14, 2015

End of the A's.


You know, you win some......and you lose some.  That was this season for Pacen.  But you know what....that's baseball!  He had some total successes and some disappointments, but I kind of like it that way too.  Josh, his coach, was so positive with him and worked really personally with him and I think it made an impact with Pacen.  
Look at that stance.  What a stud. 
Nailed it!

The beginning of the season, Pacen was killing the ball.  He fell into a little slump but again....that's baseball.  I'm proud of him no matter what. 
I love the tongue out. 
Nice slide, buddy. 
Running home!  So intense. 
And all the while, we have to chase Maren around.  She'd be all the way up that hill before we even noticed that she was gone! 

And look....she's carrying her best friend.  
Pacen had a tough experience at the last game of the season.  It was the playoffs and they were playing the undefeated team.  They played them tough the whole time and then in the last inning, they were down by two.  There were two outs and runners were on second and third and Pacen was up.  He had a really terrible ball called a strike that was literally over his head (we have video evidence. :)) And it was a full count and a higher ball came in and he swung and missed.  Strike three.  He was out.  Their season had ended.  He cried and cried.  I wasn't there since I was at Camry's practice, but when I heard what happened I almost cried.  I was super sad for him for almost two days.  But he was able to pick himself up and feel better.  You always want to be the hero but most of the time, you aren't.  And that is a harsh reality.  A tough lesson to learn.  But I love him and he'll have another chance to be the hero and maybe next time, it'll work out. 


I just love these pictures.  I love Pacen. 
I kind of want to blow this one up and put it in his room.  
And now it's over.  This baseball season seriously exhausted me.  Camry's is still going actually.  Their team made it to TOC's because they are awesome.  Camry is sitting right next to me reading my every word.  :) But I still love it.  I don't know if baseball can be our family's sport but I really love it.  

2 comments:

LaNell Brown said...

I just think about all the life lessons sports teach. It is so hard and let's face it losing is the worst and so is not being the the best or having a bad game. But like we all know it relates to real life. I am always grateful for my sport experiences because it has really helped me in so many ways. The one thing we were missing was the awesome pictures you take. You should totally blow that picture up.

LaNell Brown said...

And I like when you blog