I dominated yesterday. I was able to let my kids have a super fun day without putting in any work! :) I texted Cari in the morning to see if they wanted to swim or something. They were available to we went over to swim after swim team was over. At 3:30, Pacen had an orthodontist appointment and Cari watched my kids. Then for the rest of the day, the kids just played and then Cari even cooked us dinner! We left at 7:00, just in time to put Maren to bed. I'm so sick of my kids watching TV ( I realize I'm the one in charge and can limit that, but sometimes its easier on a hot summer day, you know?) and Cari reminded me of this really wonderful, innovative thing called reading to your children. It's a novel idea really. :) I haven't read a chapter book to them in a long time, so I picked the BFG. My kids have not gotten into Roald Daul books so maybe this will help them. We read for an hour and then watched the CrossFit games and fell asleep on the couch. With Than gone on the 50 miler this week, that was the best way to spend Monday! The rest of the week will fly by since Pacen has Scouttastic Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and I'm in charge of the Duck Derby for the swim team on Thursday.
I'm two for two for not having to cook my family dinner since we had a BBQ for a family that used to live in our ward and was visiting. It was baking hot but the kids found some shade and made a masterpiece.
The good news on the braces front is that Pacen is almost done! He got his expander removed yesterday! He was soooo happy! That thing has been on the roof of his mouth for two years! He has one more month of putting the square bands on and hopefully the little gap between his top and bottom teeth will close and he'll be DONE! I can't wait. Neither can Pacen.
But this sucks!
I got this in the mail and it's for the first day of school. I need to find a way to get out of it because I will not miss the first day of school! It's one of my favorite days ever!





2 comments:
I am so glad that you are back to blogging on a regular basis.
I'm trying!
Post a Comment