Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day Two in the City.

Our little mini vay-cay had a fun day two.  It is fun being a tourist in the city that you live in.  Well, sort of live in.  Live close to, I guess.  And I love staying in a hotel and getting a day two.  Part of what makes going to the city a drag is driving home because of traffic and this way, that's eliminated!  And who doesn't love staying in a hotel anyway?!?!  We headed off to the California Academy of Sciences since we are new members there.  I've never been before and it was super fun.  They have this amazing rainforest right in the middle which Camry was super excited about since she is a rainforest expert now.  The whole place was fun, but a little exhausting for the kids (and me!)  But we will definitely be back a few times this year and explore it some more.  

We caught a butterfly!  It's magical. 


Maren really enjoyed herself.
Gentry loved pulling this lever.  All the big kids were off doing the earthquake experience with Becca and Gentry would not leave this thing alone the whole time they were gone. 
After the science center, we were in desperate need of some food.  We were trying to go off the beaten path and find something amazing, but it was an epic fail.  Headed to a place totally in the ghetto, got the kids out anyway and walked by a bunch of scary people only to find out that the restaurant we were headed to was closed.  Thanks a lot yelp.  :)  
So it was off to Gotts for a delicious and trendy hamburger.  
Then we played at the park across the street.  



We needed to kill a few more hours, so we made our plan.  Get Nob Hill chills then go on a Full House tour.  
Step one:  Get Nob Hill Chills--Almost amazing since I just waited in the car for Becca to go and get some for us.  I say almost because when she got back and gave the kids their most delicious drink ever, within two sips Gentry spilled it on the floor!!!!!  ARGH!  As I said to Becca...I wasn't as mad about the car as I was about the fact that she basically threw away pure gold!  But then it was cleaned up and we were on our way and I had my nob hill chill and so all was right in the world again.  

So this is it....the Full House House.  They've painted the door but it really is it.  

Then we found the painted ladies and the park they have that picnic in during the beginning song and that was pretty magical.  
The kids played at that park there too and this is what I found at the entrance.  Sweet little Gentry keeping her sassy safe.  I love her. 
And then that night, Than and I got to go to a giant's game.  He had the CEO of Chegg's seats and they were amazing!  Really I was just tagging along on an important client date but I was happy to do so.  
Me and my babe.  I love that we get to do so many cool things together. 
Me and the two world series trophies.  
That's how close were were!  It was the coolest ever. 
Our two attempts at our selfies.  

Literally feet away from the giants!  It was so cool.  
After the game.  The giants lost (boo) but it was fun.  
Then it was home to have one day to pack before we had to leave for camping.  SUmmer never stops! 

No comments: