Saturday, December 01, 2012

Day One: Make Santa Pancakes.

I have loved this "extra week" as Than and I keep calling it.  It was so nice having Thanksgiving so early because it gave us even more time to get ready for Christmas.  And we are feeling more time because we are not--going to Maui the first week of December, or going to Disneyland just a few days before Christmas or having just had a baby.  Good ideas but it makes December CRAZY!   As part of my being a little more on the ball this Christmas season, I organized our Activity Advent Calendar and today was the first day:  Making Santa Pancakes!  I stole the idea off of a blog and it was a hit.  A big too much sugar for the morning but it's all good.  We worked it off with typical busy Hancock Saturday.  

Everyone always has to help with pancakes.  And that means that they pull up the chair from the table and take over all the space and fight about who gets to pour in the salt.  :)  Gentry actually did a great job stirring which I was surprised about.   

 Camry's cute finished product.  I would probably just use real strawberries next time but the strawberry syrup was all that we had.  
 Claira basically wanted whipped cream for breakfast and that's what she got. :)
 Pacen working on his masterpiece.  He told me that after he finished this one, he took a plain one and smothered it was caramel & M&M's and ate it like a taco and then had another one covered in whipped cream.  That about makes me want to barf.  So much sugar! 
  
Gentry really only liked the m&m's.  A girl after my own heart.  But then she was starving at Pacen's game and I didn't have any snacks for her.  Bad mom move. 
Be proud of this boy today!  He scored his first basket in a real game today!  A totaly of four points by the end of the game.  He's a total stud and I love watching him get better and better at basketball.  His team lost terribly but he scored 4 out of the 14 total that they made.  Not bad! 

The rest of the day was spent eating lunch at Chili's, going pants shopping for Than and food shopping for tomorrow and cleaning and cleaning and cleaning.  Claira said to me, "Is this a clean day?"  And I said, "Yeah, Saturday is always a cleaning day."  She said, "Is today Saturday?!  I don't like Saturdays!"  She'll learn one day that they are really the best day of the week.  
So Happy First Day of December!  Only 24 more days until we get to open some presents!  Speaking of presents, Than found one of his big gifts in the garage today.  :(  I covered it but didn't warn him and he picked that cover right off.  Oh well.  He said he loved it anyway but I hate ruining surprises.  





No comments: