Last night was Christmas card making at our house. I got out all the paper and paint and glitter and ribbon and the kids went to town. I made a few with Gentry, Pacen tapped out at like two, and then Camry and Claira stayed and practically had a contest to see who could make the most. I love doing stuff like that with the kids but it doesn't happen very often because this is what it looked like afterward.
Even little old laid back me was having a little anxiety over all the mess.
Who needs all of that glitter and buttons?!?! Why Claira, of course! The fun outweighed the mess.
It's very serious work.
I made these little cute cards with Gentry. She lost interest after a few minutes. It was probably a good thing. :) And yes, she's been in this minnie mouse outfit for like 4 days straight but it is getting washed today. Hooray!
A few of Claira's masterpieces.
Camry creations.
I had to take a picture of this one of Pacen's. I don't want to make fun of him but he really just isn't artistic and really doesn't care to be. He was all upset when I told him that he had used a little too much paint for those eyes and that they probably wouldn't dry for like five days. After like three cards he went downstairs and played football with Gentry. That boy.
Day two was our Wassail party so I put in an easy one of just listening to our favorite Christmas music. The Wassail party was super fun. OUr house is small and it was packed! I think people had fun and Than made some yummy drinks and we socialized with friends, neighbors, and people from church and it was great. But I was super tired afterward and I had to do preschool yesterday which really wore me out. So then what do I do....Christmas cards with the kids! Not smart because i'm really tired right now and I think I'll lie down with the kids and take a nap right after we eat lunch.
I think it's funny because even though the activities aren't that cool, they have asked every morning first thing if they can go look in the box. And every morning I've been like, "What box?" You know...the Christmas box! Oh yeah. I guess it's been a hit so far. We'll see if we can keep it up.

















2 comments:
There's glitter all over our house right now, too. Just leave it there and sweep it up after New Year's . . . call it part of the decorations!
I am laughing out loud over Pacen's card, thanks for sharing.(sorry!) Poor boy, surrounded by glitter! :) If it makes you feel better we have glitter all over too, and you should have a way higher glitter quota than we do with no kids. So it's all good, I like the NY decoration idea...
Post a Comment