Thursday, May 03, 2012

Stranded.



This is how my day started.  I had loaded up all the kids in the car to get them to school, then opened the garaged to see Than's car.  No biggie, he's on the road on his way to Reno but I'll just grab his keys and move it.  But where are they?!?!  Shoot, we have to leave...I'll call him.  What???  What's that you say????  Your keys are in your pocket?!!!!?!?  Oh man, this could be interesting!  
Luckily I have good people around me and I didn't have too many places to go so we were fine.  Megan took the kids to school and she will do all my carpooling tomorrow.  I just think that it's hilarious because it's so something that both Than or I could do at any time.  It was actually kind of fun because it made me just stay home and we walked to the school to get Cam which we rarely do, we played, we cleaned, we built a fort, we jumped on the tramp.  It was a great day.  


Claira was just looking so cute today I made take some pictures.  Isn't she beautiful???  She kills me sometimes with her personality.  She has the cutest little voice and says some of the cutest things.  She still demands hot ovaltine every morning and loves to swim but hates to get a little wet, like if she needs my help and I'm doing the dishes she makes me completely dry my hands and freaks out if I touch her while they're wet.  She sings all day and knows all the words to most songs.  She recently learned how to snap and is very proud of it.  


She has a little confusion about her middle name.  She knows it's Ruth but for some reason she thinks of herself as the "Big Ruth" and Gentry is the "Little Ruth".  I've tried to explain how middle names work but she just doesn't get it. 

This is what Gentry was doing while I took these pics of Claira.  I swear I dress her....occasionally. :)  Just kidding...it was early. 


Then we painted.  It was Gentry's first time really painting and she was sooooo proud.  

I went to do the dishes (I know...I'm not that smart) and this is what I came back to.  I love that look.....What....my paper was full......

I have to say, when I don't do Gentry's hair she totally reminds me of Animal from the muppets.  Don't you see it????  And she smiles that big open mouth smile all the time and with those crazy bangs all I can see is Animal.  

We had some craziness after lunch.  It's not everyday you see a giant semi in your front yard.  We are redoing our yard (another giant post in the making) and they were bringing in some dirt.  
The kids were fascinated.  



It was time for baseball practice, so we all hopped in the stroller for our second trip to the school by foot.  I actually loved it and the kids liked it too.

 We play at the school while Pacen has his practice.  And look!  Camry did the monkey bars all the way across!  She's been working on that for a while. 
 
 Proud mama and Camry!

Claira tried her hand at the monkey bars too.  Gentry just runs around like a crazy girl all over the place.   She's pretty brave at the park.  
 

An end of the day when Than is out of town usually ends with pancakes for dinner and kids in my bed.   Right now only Claira is in my bed because I woke her up while I was folding a giant mound of laundry but I'm confident that by the time I wake up, it will be full of kiddos.  And tomorrow will be glorious because I will not be going anywhere again!  All my carpools are taken care of and I just get to hang out.  And I can't wait!  Than needs to leave me stranded more often.  :)


3 comments:

shauna said...

The monkey bars are such a big deal. It was a goal for the girls that they worked and worked on. Kaylee and I were just talking about how good you feel when you don't have a car but are still able to get things accomplished. Life doesn't fall apart because you are independent and confident enough to handle it all. I really enjoyed the times when we were forced to walk somewhere instead of taking the car. Once the car broke down at the grocery store about a mile away. I happen to have the stroller and Heidi's bike in the car. We just loaded up the kids and the groceries and ran home. There was a lady who offered a ride because she couldn't believe we would walk a whole mile. She thought I was crazy but I loved it.

Emily said...

Whoa!! That front yard is empty-empty! That's crazy! I cannot wait to see the finished product.

Unknown said...

you are so great at just enjoying life! i need to take more cues from you. and yes, claira is gorgeous.