Since the first baseball game, the coaches have given out a "game ball" after each game and he has been working so hard to have a game where he would deserve to get the game ball. On Monday, he seriously played his best game and we knew that he was going to get the game ball. But the problem was, his couch had to run and go coach another game and said that the game balls would be handed out after Wednesday's game. What a bummer! I could tell Pacen was disappointed but didn't mope about it or anything. So, wednesday, after their game, they handed out the game balls and Pacen finally got his! He was so excited and wouldn't even let me hold it because he thought I would make it dirty. He's so funny.
I'm very proud of my little baseball player. He has worked really hard this year and has improved a lot. My favorite thing is when he is pitcher because they have the pitcher yell out how many outs and where the play is and it's just fun to hear him yell out something and be the leader of the team because I know it's something that is making him step out of his comfort zone. And I'm totally going to be a braggy mom here, but he really does have the best attitude and is in the game as in always paying attention to what is going on and that can be difficult for little guys in baseball. As soon as the coach tells him his position, he runs....like really runs out to where he's supposed to play and always gives a little, "Yes!" as they tell him where to play. The yeses are a little louder when he gets to play first or second (I think second could be his position...just saying....although he has been making a good first baseman too) but really, he always has good attitude. It was a rude awakening when he struck out, and there was a game when he struck out three times, but he didn't give up and he kept working and he listens to the advice we and the coaches give him and I'm just proud of my little man. I don't know if he'll want to play baseball forever but I'm really glad he played this year.





1 comment:
I'm so sad that I won't be able to come up and see a game this year... darn this baby's timing!! I LOVE that picture of Pacen in the catcher's gear; I saw it on Than's Facebook page, and I was like, "That's my boy!"
Post a Comment