Camry pretty much had the best 6 year old birthday ever. She was spoiled rotten pretty much all day, but I always say your birthday is only once a year so you gotta milk it for all it's worth! :)
Camry was lucky to have her birthday fall on Spring Break so we could have her party right on her birthday. The bad part was that there were a few friends that were out of town so they couldn't come to the party but it worked out just fine anyway. Honestly, there were plenty of kids there and I don't think I would have wanted anymore there anyway!
Actually, let me back track. The first picture that I took for Camry's birthday was on the friday before her birthday when I took in some brownies to her class. This is why Mrs. Cerutti is awesome! One of the girls brought in a toad from the nature area and she didn't even flinch! The kids were all crazy because they saw me with the brownies and then in comes the toad and she took it all in stride. A sign of an excellent Kindergarten teacher. I just love her and hope the rest of my kids can have her.
The night before her b-day, I was getting sort of emotional at the thought that this little baby could be turning SIX. That's crazy to me. So I snuck into her room and snapped a picture of her sleeping so I could freeze the last moments of her five year old life. Claira begs to sleep with Camry every night and Camry lets her most of the time without too much of a fuss. They are so sweet.
And while I was at it, I snapped a few of the other kids sleeping since they were all in the same room. Yes, Pacen has his own bed but once he's read his books and if Claira is up in Cam's bed he'll climb in Claira's bed. I love my sweet little sports boy snuggled in a bunch of pink sheets.
And then there is the sweet Gentry on top of her blankets and backwards.
Camry was super lucky that Than was able to stay home from work and so we opened presents right when she woke up.
I had to find a new place to hang my birthday banner because I didn't realize how huge it was in this house. And you can see some of our yarn kitty cat decorations hanging there too.
I love how excited my other kids get. Claira knows that whatever Camry gets she gets to play with too so it's a pretty exciting day. :) And poor Gentry just wanted exactly whatever Camry had opened and it was difficult to distract her. It's hard being the 18 month old!
Camry changed into Loren's dress as soon as she opened it. It was a hit!
Her 'real' makeup was also a favorite. But lets be honest, everything is a favorite at one point or anther. The moving, meowing toy cat has also been cried over a lot so that was also a favorite. Both favorites. :)
And then it turned into a picture with two girls....
And then Claira wanted one with just me.....
And then Pacen wanted one.
And then I looked at them and went in to fix my hair. It was getting a little funky.
We were all ready for the party!!! We had ears (that camry made almost all by herself) and tails for everyone, and sweedish fish and goldfish for the kitties! It looked cute in there.
We also had the little yarn balls when you walked into the house hanging from the light, but I never got a picture of them. Than said I was being out of control. Kaylee would say that I was making it magical. I'll take magical any day!
When they got there, we painted a nose and whiskers on everyone. This picture makes me happy.
We played pin the nose on the cat. I have mad drawing skills, I know. You can hire me for all of your parties for a small fee. :) Camry and Claira colored it and it was done in 5 minutes. I'm all about getting it done quick!
All the kitty cats.
We had a few other games. Cats licking ice cream out of their cat bowls. Thank you dollar store for making this party possible. :)
A mouse hunt....
Aren't these cute mice?!?!? It's a good thing Cam's birthday is by easter.
Than was the cat. Dads make everything a little more fun. He's a good sport, too, with the ears and whiskers.
And we played Cat, Cat, mouse and the cheep cheep game but instead it was called the meow meow game. You can make a cat came out of anything!
Time for cake! Every time I make a cake for my kids I wish Jana were here to make it for me but I think I did pretty good on this one! It's totally ghetto but Camry loved it!
Make a wish.....
And pretty much have the best birthday party ever!













































6 comments:
That looked like an awesome party. A kitty party is actually a cute idea. Someone should have brought her a real kitty though.
those were such fun pictures. thanks for posting them. it looks like the kitty cat party was a hit. happy birthday camry.
So that creepy cat didn't mysteriously disappear on the way home? You're a better mom than I. :)
I love that she wanted a kitty cat party! Very cute cake and decor. I esp. loved the game of licking ice cream out of the bowl!
your cake looks awesome! impressed.
so fun, i love the pic of all the kids crawling in their cat gear. you're such a fun mom!
Post a Comment