This is where my kids are sleeping right now. It started out a few weeks ago when Camry wanted to sleep in Pacen's room because Claira kept waking her up. At first it was on the weekend and then it turned into an every night event. Then Claira wanted in on the action so Pacen and Camry went to sleep in the girls' room...both Pacen and Camry on the floor and Claira in the bed. Tonight Claira was all upset and crying and the kids just said, "Aww, mom, just let her sleep with us." So, I let her. (It's a good thing Than is out of town...he'd never have gone for that one!) I went down to veg out on the couch for a while and I heard lots of bumps and moving around upstairs, but I just let them be. Then, when Lost was over I went up to check and they were all asleep and they are all just so adorable. Claira is obsessed with those pajama's that she has on. She is really trying hard to keep up with Camry and wants to be just like her. Not a bad girl to follow I'll say. All Pacen wants to do these days is play basketball and football...in the house, outside with his friends, watch BYU on TV. He's really a sports junkie. Today he had been playing all day and then finally I tell him we need to sit down and do his homework and he's like, Mom! I didn't finish my game! I don't know what the score is! You know, his ever important game of pacen vs. pacen in our living room. He's been all into what girls like him these days at school. On Friday he came home and said, "Mom, guess what?" I said, "You love me." And he paused and said, "Yes, but also four girls at school love me!" He was so happy with himself. He said Jasmine, Ruthie, Amira and Mariah love him, but he told Ruthie that he'd marry her. Lucky girl. I would love to have him marry a girl named Ruthie because that name just makes me happy. Name that movie...ruthie.....pigface.....draper.... I love that show. I love my sleeping kids. I love my electric blanket. I love my penny snuggling with my every night while Than is out of town. I love my Than working hard traveling around the United States. This week is the ATL. I love my mom. I had a dream about her last night. Those are always the best nights but it wasn't a great mom dream. (But any dream is better than the curling dream that i had all night long the night I fell asleep while watching curling on the olympics!) I had to go and fight a doctor because they wouldn't give her the medicine that she needed. I'm a good fighter. :) I really feel like she's close by me. Especially when I'm all alone. Almost like I could just look over my shoulder and she'd just be there. And maybe she is. Camry has been into calling people lately and she says, "Mom, lets call Grandma. Oh wait, there's no phones in Heaven." Man I miss her. I feel like I just want to watch as much of the Olympics that I can because we always watched the figure skating. I asked Than, "Is figure skating not as popular as it was when I was younger, or was it just my mom that thought it was so cool?" My mom took us to a Smuckers Stars on Ice program at Arco Arena for crying out loud. We loved it! Okay, now its time for me to join my sleeping kids. I'm beat.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Hi Erica! Just wanted to let you know that as I am reading your Blog I am sitting here watching the Olympics Ice Skating. Maybe it is in our blood or something, but I still like it too! I guess it is something we can pass along to our girls...and maybe someday we can take take them all to an Ice Capades show together! Love ya! Victoria
Cute picture of those sweet kids. Thanks for the phone call...oh wait, I called you. Great talking to you.
I think watching figure skating is a mom thing. My mom loved it and I love it too. What is not to love. They are so good.
I don't appreciate it when you call me names on your blog like pigface :) Cute picture of the kids.
it must be a mother daughter thing cause my mom and I watched figure staking too. And for that reason, I still love it.
by the way, isn't it the movie with steve carell?
Tom has "banned" figure skating in our house because the uniforms on the dudes are low cut and lacey. :) Your kids are dang cute by the way.
I love that you let your cute kids sleep altogether, on the floor, on a week night...such a fun mom!
Hey I am in UTAH!! Let's get together! email or call me!
All my kids choose to sleep together too. They switch back and forth between the girls' room and boys' room. I think it is pretty cute. Such a sweet picture you captured.
DAN IN REAL LIFE!!! That is one of our all time favorite movies! I just saw the advertisement for smuckers stars on ice. We shoould go:)
Post a Comment