Tuesday, December 09, 2008

First Ever...

Family photo shoot! My friend's sister, Rashelle, asked if I'd take some pictures of them for their Christmas card, and so I did, and I was so nervous. I debated about posting them, but then i thought I'd get some constructive criticism. I have a lot to learn. So, tell me what you think. I know I need to be a better editor, but I'm just learning! It was way fun despite freezing cold temperatures and freezing kids.













13 comments:

Mikila said...

I think that they turned out nicely! Good job.

Parley and Katie Call said...

Um, they are beautiful! Really great! You don't have to be apologetic at ALL! I might hire you to get some of me and Par....(getting us together for REAL pictures is like pulling teeth)

katie said...

I know nothing about photography so you can take my opinion for what it's worth, but I think these are great!

Anonymous said...

Great job Erica. You should take some family pictures of us..would I look as cute as your friend? I should have you take some pictures of Scotty since his school pictures came out so awful.

The Joys of Boys said...

Holy Cow! Those look great! Definitely a talent that I don't have. You should take family photos more often!

LaNell Brown said...

They look good and I am surprised at how good the background looks. When your rich off of photography I expect a stipend for showing you the building:)

brookeisacrazylady said...

those are great. so good. cute family.

journeytojohanssontown said...

WOW I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I was thinking there wouldn't be one of Milo smiling. I love how you have edited them. I can't wait to see the rest. I owe you!

Papa Paradigm said...

I like them. Great job.

Carrie said...

Erica! These are awesome! k-You need to take some of our family.

Emily said...

So I asked the professional (Marc) to take a look at your pictures because these look fabulous to the non-professional and I wanted to give you some real feedback. He said that he was really impressed with your pictures and thought that you got some great poses and images. He actually thought that the picture with the three of them looking at the youngest child could easily be an advertisement photo... it is that good. He did say, however, that you should really get a Mac if you are thinking about doing this more professionally because there is an application called Aperture which allows you to mess around with color, exposure, and lighting of the images you take. He thought that a few of the images looked a little washed out, but he said that they still looked really good. I hope that this is helpful feedback. And you can totally practice by doing a little photo shoot with us when you visit :)

Mrs. Hislop said...

This is April Carmo from high school. Anyway, I got an A in Mr. Morris's photo class senior year at LP, and none of the pictures I take look this great. They are adorable, and I wish you lived here in California so I could hire you to take pictures of my little baby once he/she's out! Great job, Erica! I also really like the one where everyone's looking at that little guy. :)

Big Mama said...

wow pace, theyre awesome! We really need our family pic taken! WE've never had any. And when did you say you were coming out again? :-)