Saturday, December 15, 2007

Chicago!



Than and I got to go to Chicago--without our kids (Thanks, Jana!) for 3 days for his company Christmas party. On Wednesday, while we were waiting in our security line at the airport, Than surprised me with tickets to WICKED! Than is the BEST! I was so pumped. We traveled with Sid & Rian--And can I just say how much easier it is to travel without your kids! Dont' get me wrong--we love that we can go places with our kids, but it was so great to be able to just sit and read my book on the plane. What a luxury! :) We went downtown right away and did some shopping on the Magnificent Mile at H&M--Sid's favorite--and had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory--my favorite! And then we hopped on a bus and headed to The Oriental Theatre for Wicked!

Than and I both really loved the show. Everything was just fabulous!


Then, on Thursday we had the Christmas party. It was a lot of fun seeing the people that Than works with since most of them live many miles away. We are just thankful that this job is still around and hopefully it will be next year, too! We ate good food and danced until they kicked us out of the place. I almost forget how much fun dancing is--I pretty much forget how to dance since it's been so long. It is so fun to get dressed up and go out! We need to make sure we do it as often as we can.


Our kids survived the trip. They had a great time with Jana, Ben, Benji and Packer. Pacen didn't even want to leave when I went to pick him up! But now life is back to normal, but it was fun to have a little getaway!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm SO jealous. 3 kid-free days. I think that could be the best present anyone could ever give me:) I'll have to drop some hints:)

Parley and Katie Call said...

That looks like lots of fun! We still haven't seen Wicked, we keep saying the next time we go to NYC we'll see it but we always do something else...and H&M is such a hit too! I'm glad you had a get-away without kids. PS- can I just complain to you? I bought size XL slippers (sz.9-10) and they were still TOO small...you are the only person who understands this!!! :( All i wanted was a stupid pair of Christmas slippers!

LaNell Brown said...

You guys both look so nice all dressed up!!

Than and Erica said...

Thanks, Lan! That's what happens when you don't have any kids to spill stuff on you!
And Katie--I totally feel your pain! I just went boot shopping and my stinking feet are so wide that nothing fit--argh!

Carrie said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Emily said...

i just read pacen's "white byu helmet" declaration and shot hot chocolate out of my nose. i love that little guy, he cracks me up :)