I was having a moment when I was walking back to my car from Pacen's Back to School Night at WCI. I don't want him being old enough to switch classes and have grades that are 30% homework 30% projects and 40% tests. I don't want him to grow up basically and it makes me sad that he's already so big. I know that you want to raise children that will be capable adults but I know why so many kids grow up to be incapable adults because it's just so much fun to be a kid and I (sometimes, like right now) just want my kids to have fun and play like a kid all day. I don't always feel like this but today I'm just feeling like I want my little baby Pacen boy back. Just for like a few days where we can snuggle and take naps together and.....oh wait...we still do that so I guess it's not so bad.
Pacen told me a funny "growing up" story where Lucy told her friend Lucy about Pacen and then Lucy and her friends were all looking and Pacen and pointing at him and smiling and giggling. HOLY CRAP! HOW DOES LIFE TURN INTO THIS!?!? I get it because Pacen is freaking adorable but still.
On a side note today, Camry was playing a knock knock game on the front door and running away, and the first time she got away but the second time I caught her and she ended up tripping on the stairs. It was sad but then I got to cheer her up with the knowledge that she had a playdate tomorrow that she wasn't expecting. She FREAKS out when she gets hurt and she immediately starts yelling at me like I was the one that pushed her down and hurt her knee. We need to work on that with her. But unfortunately, like most things with my kids when they have a bad habit, it's totally from me so I get it.
And camry still likes to snuggle with me. And sometimes she begs me to climb up on her top bunk with her and rarely I do it but when I do, I know it makes her super happy.
I shouldn't have taken a picture of Than giving Maren a blessing but I couldn't help it. She took listening to everyone's blessing so seriously and then took her blessing even more seriously. She is so cute.
And just a few more pictures from the first day of school. These are all my school kids that I miss all day!
Walking to school! It only happens on the first day. :)


1 comment:
i hate the same thought about luke too at his back to school nite!!!!!! ahhh!!! maybe because we only have one boy too?!!! and love all your byu pictures by the way. poor taysom sniff sniff. i am just planning on luke and pacen hanging out at games one day ;) and commiserating about all their sisters ;)
Post a Comment