Than has been gone and this week has not bee the most smooth week ever and so I've been thinking, "Is this week ever going to end?" But then I look at my blog and I'm like, seriously is it saturday already??? Well it is. And its conference weekend but it's also soccer picture day and soccer games and I'm tempted to say that we are taking a break from sports every conference weekend from now on because all I really want to do is sit on my couch and watch conference but that is not happening today. One thing I did like about this week was that for scripture reading at night each night I just chose a scripture or two about prophets and we talked about the importance of listening to what the prophet says because those are the messages that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father want us to hear and we even (almost) memorized a few and it was fun seeing the kid remembering what we had read about the previous day and really focusing on a subject for a whole week. Kids need repetition and so do I, lets be honest. Anyway, despite our busy schedule today, the kids and I are excited to listen to General Conference. Camry has pictures at 9:45, Pacen has pictures at 11:45, Camry has a game at noon, and Pacen has his game at noon. Did I mention that Than is gone???? I have great neighbors who will help with all the running around.
This week was rough because I didn't use my time wisely. I became one track about getting a built in desk/bookcases built downstairs. I got a quote from this one company and it was anywhere from $11,000 to 13,000 dollars!!!!! What the heck?!?!?! I was not expecting that. So then I went crazy researching and trying to find a DIY alternative and then went to Ikea because I really thought I had a solution for part of the space only to go to Ikea (which is a headache in itself) and buy what I needed and bring it home and open it to find that it was 1/4 of an inch too tall!!!!! ARGH! So now, not only did I waste all of that day with that but now I have to go return it to ikea. Going back to the beast. Then I searched some more at plan c and still don't have a real plan and that makes me frustrated. Making your house beautiful is too time consuming and that's probably why mine is just normal.
Another project I was trying to do was a temple picture for my living room. I have been wanting one and just don't really love any of the ones out there and so I think, Why not just take my own??? So Monday morning I headed down to the temple because it's closed and no people would be around. Problem #1 was that the fountains were not on either. BUmmer. I was really bummed. So I started taking some pics anyway and then I saw a maintenance guy and asked him if it would be possible to turn on the fountains for me and he asked and they said yes!!! It was so great. So here is the print that I like the best.
So then I printed it as a 20x30 which is big. BIG. And I needed to find a frame for it and they were super expensive so I think....I'll just make my own! I used this blog for an idea and buy the stuff I need and get it all cut and put together to see that was like 1/2 and inch too big on all sides. WHAT THE HECK?!?! That is why I just buy things! So, I'm in the middle of fixing it and I think it will be awesome even though it took me longer to finish it. And I really love the picture and am so excited to have a temple picture in my house again.
But even though I was going to write more my time is up because now we only have 45 minutes to get ready for cam's picture day. Bleh.



2 comments:
Ummm...I will take a smaller version for Christmas. Beautiful.
This picture is AWESOME! I am with Becky, I want the smaller version for my house! This is way better than any of the ones we saw at BB&B!
Post a Comment