Sunday, December 06, 2009

Exterior Illumination

We have lights on our house for the first time ever!!! I was so excited that Than braved the cold and put lights on. On the way home from Lowe's he said something like, "Did I really spend 100 dollars on exterior illumination!?!?!" Yep, babe, you did and here is our finished product...

Isn't it pretty??? Than thinks that it looks white trash but I think it looks great. The star on our house came with the house. Apparently, the people before matt and jamie had it and they kept it and now we have it. Than hated going on the roof to put it on so this year we elected to just keep it up all year...now that is white trash.

On Friday night we had Than's work party. Does anyone really know what Than does for work??? He helped start up zinch.com and now he is the VP of Sales for it. He manages a little team and sells their product to colleges. Just an FYI. The kids say he talks to people. And they're pretty much right. A Santa Claus came and brought presents for the kids and they were sooo happy. Not so much for Claira who was pretty terrified of the man in the big red suit.



And I think I just might have the most handsome five year old ever. He saw that little outfit in Target and really wanted it so that he could go to church and look like Daddy. I had just previously been saying...what kind of kid would actually wear that jacket...oh, mine. And he loved it and you could tell that he thought he looked super handsome.
And that is my attempt of a picture sunday morning before church with all three...


This is where you'll find Claira now that the Christmas stuff is out. She loves that thing. Well, they all do. If you have kids...get it! Thanks, Becky, for getting ours. Claira has been a little grouchy lately and I just saw that she has two gigantic molars coming through the top of her mouth...ouch! I'd be grouchy too.
Camry is just growing up too fast. She just talks and talks and talks and talks and just seems like she's three going on thirteen. She knows all the words to "Party in the USA" and uses the word 'like' all the time. Pacen was bound and determined to learn how to snap so he practiced and practiced, and then when he showed Camry he could do it, she learned just as quick as she could. She's not going to let Pacen do too much that she can't do. She and Pacen play so well together. They just have these imaginations and they can play and play and play. I just love listening to their crazy conversations when they think I'm not paying any attention.
We're super excited for our Christmas season that seems to have suddenly exploded. The kids were so excited to decorate and get the Christmas stuff out. I was a little teary putting up the Christmas tree just thinking about mom and how much she loved Christmas and made it special. Most of the ornaments I have, she gave to me, so decorating the tree is just special. She really made Christmas magical. It won't be the same without her but I can try to make Christmas just as magical for my kids. Everyone's coming out here for Christmas and I can't wait! And it's coming soon and we have all of our shopping to do. It'll be a crazy couple of weeks, but that's Christmas!

6 comments:

Emily said...

I think that the house looks great! But seriously, this year you must take down the star :)

Anonymous said...

I love the decorations, very nice!! It looks white trash in the daylight but at night, it looks great.

katie said...

Erica I love your posts. You have such a beautiful family. Than did a good job with your exterior illumination. We didn't put up a big tree this year so I decided to put up some Christmas lights inside...but all I had to hold them up was duct tape, which truly made them look white trash...so I took them down because I just couldn't handle it after more than a few hours. Your house looks great. :o)

Jen said...

I saw your lights on last night when I was coming home from choir practice- they look amazing! I love the candy cane striped pillars.

Parley and Katie Call said...

Those lights accentuate your gorgeous "mahble cahlumns"...(snl skit)...those lights are awesome. We wanted to do outside lights but decided our 12 ft. tree was enough of a project. Oh man was it ever. What were we thinking. Oh wait, what was Par thinking. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of the kids..especially Claira with the man in the red suit. Great job being a dad and "real" man Than. Cute picture Kathy.